Myovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for women’s health and endocrine diseases with a mission to become the global leader in women’s health. Myovant launched in the spring of 2016 and completed just a few months later, in October 2016, the largest biotech IPO of the year. Since then the company has been on a rapid growth trajectory and is on track to become an exciting new success story. Myovant expects data from five Phase 3 clinical trials for relugolix across three indications (Uterine Fibroids, Endometriosis and Prostate Cancer) in 2019. Each of these indications represent major commercial opportunities for which the company has retained full US and EU rights. In addition, Myovant has global rights to a second product candidate, MVT-602, which is being developed for the treatment of female infertility as part of assisted reproduction. We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Director/ Senior Director – Medical Information & Medical Operations. The position reports to the Senior Vice President – Medical Affairs. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Director/ Senior Director – Medical Information & Medical Operations will lead a high-performing team responsible for Medical Information, Review activities and Medical Operations across Women’s Health and Prostate Cancer for Myovant Sciences. This is a leadership position within the Medical Affairs team that will ensure professional standing and integrity with patients, healthcare professionals and the pharmaceutical industry through high-quality and aligned medical information and communication. The leader in this position will be accountable for aligning and integrating process and technology efficiencies for Medical Affairs, Medical Information and review activities, along with being a champion for modern medical affairs operations across the US and Europe for Myovant.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- The Director/ Senior Director – Medical Information and Medical Operations will lead and implement Medical Information and Operations functions to support the key activities of the Medical Affairs team and broader scientific organization
- Leadership of the strategy to develop and implement the Medical Information function to support Myovant in the areas of Uterine Fibroids, Endometriosis and Prostate Cancer
- Recruitment and retention of Key Medical Affairs talent for Medical Information and Medical Operations
- Develop the Medical Information Team within the US to include medical training, evaluation, motivation and control of activities in alignment with the company’s corporate strategies and objectives
- Develop and implement medical information materials and scientific content relevant to Myovant’s therapeutic areas of focus
- Support AMCP and Global Value dossier development with scientific data input and reviews
- Provide oversight and support for US and European conferences with activities including medical booths, logistics, materials and staffing
- Provide project and operations management for the Medical Affairs team in support of a wide range of medical activities and deliverables
- Support the implementation of medical and promotional review committees for medical affairs input and review
- Work with the SVP Medical Affairs to ensure cross-functional medical alignment with the US MSL team, Medical Information & Medical Operations, RWE & HEOR and US & European Medical Strategy teams
- Define and develop appropriate functional processes, standards and policies
- Ensure that all interactions and activities in the US adhere to corporate and healthcare compliance guidance in all activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as the position will interface with key opinion leaders and a wide range of internal employees.
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and deliver an excellent work product in a fast-paced, and rapidly growing dynamic company.
- Employees across Myovant including Medical Affairs, Research and Development and Commercial functions
- External members of the Physician, Patient and Advocacy communities, associated with Women’s Health
- Other employees across the Roivant companies.
- Advanced scientific degree (MD, PharmD, or PhD) required
- Management and leadership training during career demonstrating an interest in personal growth and an ability to learn across therapeutic areas.
- Minimum of 6 -10 years of industry experience in a pharmaceutical Medical Affairs setting with prior Medical Information and Medical Operations experience, including 2-3 years of proven success in Medical Affairs team leadership
- Therapeutic Medical Affairs experience in Women’s Health or Cancer preferred
- Prior experience as a Medical Affairs Leader in the introduction of a novel new clinical product is highly desired
- Experience in both large and small bio pharmaceutical companies considered a plus
- Strong organizational skills and experience in business planning, including development of budgets and adherence to performance targets
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with medical messaging
Travel, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to travel in order to attend key conferences including interactions with healthcare practitioners
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity