Senior Director – Medical Affairs Strategy (Prostate Cancer)
Myovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for women’s health and endocrine diseases with a mission to become the global leader in women’s health. Myovant launched in the spring of 2016 and completed just a few months later, in October 2016, the largest biotech IPO of the year. Since then the company has been on a rapid growth trajectory and is on track to become an exciting new success story. Myovant expects data from five Phase 3 clinical trials for relugolix across three indications (Uterine Fibroids, Endometriosis and Prostate Cancer) in 2019. Each of these indications represent major commercial opportunities for which the company has retained full US and EU rights. In addition, Myovant has global rights to a second product candidate, MVT-602, which is being developed for the treatment of female infertility as part of assisted reproduction. We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Senior Director/Director – Medical Affairs Strategy. The position reports to the Vice President – US Medical Affairs Strategy. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Senior Medical Director – Medical Affairs Strategy, will be a key member of the Medical Affairs leadership team reporting to the VP- US Medical Affairs Strategy. The Senior Director will help set strategy for both internal company programs and external facing interactions. They will provide specialist medical & scientific strategic and operational input into core medical affairs activities. Internally, the Senior Director will coordinate with Commercial to ensure alignment between Medical Affairs and Commercial strategy, with tactical implementation of brand plans. The Senior Director will also collaborate with company outreach and patient advocacy efforts to assure that Medical Affairs activities align with these programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- The Senior Director – Medical Affairs Strategy will provide leadership of the Medical Strategy Team focused on Prostate Cancer
- Leadership of the strategy and development of Medical Platforms for relugolix use in Prostate Cancer
- Set the strategy and development of annual Medical Plans and ensure hands-on implementation of key activities
- Recruitment and retention of Key Medical Affairs talent, with the clear delineation of US Medical Strategy plans for relugolix in men with prostate cancer
- Develop the Medical Strategy Team within the US to include medical training, evaluation, motivation and control of activities in alignment with the company’s corporate strategies and objectives
- Ensure cross-functional medical alignment with the US MSL team, Medical Information & Medical Operations, RWE & HEOR and European Medical Strategy
- Direct involvement in implementation of plans that will be executed through multi-modal medical education channels, including publications, presentations, congresses, advisory boards, CME, speaker bureaus and other channels in support of relugolix launch.
- Development and implementation of detailed scientific Publication Plans working closely with the Medical Communications lead
- Development and implementation of Medical Advisory Board Plan to gain medical input from the healthcare community
- Medical Affairs representative on the lifecycle team for Prostate Cancer to provide medical affairs input to R&D
- Play a highly visible role during exchanges within the medical/scientific community to develop close relationships with a group of scientific key opinion leaders
- Work closely with the commercial organization to bring the medical perspective to commercial strategies and tactics, aligning with Marketing & Market Access to collaborate on the most efficient and effective ways for office and field forces to work together
- Partnering with Myovant’s Research & Development organization for ongoing and post-marketing clinical development activities
- Define and attend relevant medical and scientific conferences to support speakers and presenters, ensure success of publication/communication goals, and participate in the collection and reporting of competitive intelligence within company guidelines.
- Development of a long-term Medical Education strategy
- Strategy and oversight for the development of a supportive US Investigator Initiated Study program
- Define and develop the US Medical Strategy team in the creation of appropriate processes, standards, and policies
- Ensure that all interactions and activities in the US adhere to corporate and healthcare compliance guidance in all activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as the position will interface with key opinion leaders and a wide range of internal employees.
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and deliver an excellent work product in a fast-paced, and rapidly growing dynamic company.
- Employees across Myovant including Medical Affairs, Research and Development and Commercial functions
- External members of the Physician, Patient and Advocacy communities, associated with Prostate Cancer
- Other employees across the Roivant companies.
- Advanced scientific degree (MD, PharmD, or PhD) required
- Management and leadership training during career demonstrating an interest in personal growth and an ability to learn across therapeutic areas.
- Minimum of 8 -10 years of industry experience in a pharmaceutical Medical Affairs setting with prior Medical Strategy experience, including 2-3 years of proven success in Medical Affairs team leadership
- Therapeutic Medical Affairs experience in Prostate Cancer preferred
- Prior experience as a Medical Affairs Leader in the introduction of a novel new clinical product is highly desired
- Experience in both large and small bio pharmaceutical companies considered a plus
- Strong organizational skills and experience in business planning, including development of budgets and adherence to performance targets
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with medical messaging
Travel, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to travel to visit key stakeholders including physicians and other health care professionals –up to 50% travel
- Residing in the San Francisco Bay Area commutable to Brisbane or willing to relocate to the area
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity