Senior Director, Sales Operations
Myovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for women’s health and endocrine diseases with a mission to become the global leader in women’s health. Myovant launched in the spring of 2016 and completed just a few months later, in October 2016, the largest biotech IPO of the year. Since then the company has been on a rapid growth trajectory and is on track to become an exciting new success story. Myovant expects data from five Phase 3 clinical trials for relugolix across three indications (Uterine Fibroids, Endometriosis and Prostate Cancer) in the next twelve months. Each of these indications represent major commercial opportunities for which the company has retained full US and EU rights. In addition, Myovant has global rights to a second product candidate, MVT-602, which is being developed for the treatment of female infertility as part of assisted reproduction. We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Senior Director, Sales Operations. The position reports to the Vice President, Commercial Operations. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Senior Director, Sales Operations will build from the ground up and lead the Sales Operations function responsible for building all Sales operational capabilities including people, processes, and systems required to support the launch of Myovant’s Women’s Health & Endocrine products within the US. The role will collaborate closely with cross-functional leaders, including Sales, Sales Training, Marketing, Market Access, Legal/Compliance, IT, and Human Resources.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Build Myovant’s Sales operational capabilities within the US, including the establishment of individual roles and teams, and all processes, systems and tools required to support Myovant’s selling teams.
- Inspire, coach, manage and develop employees to achieve and grow as individuals and a cohesive team.
- Effectively manage multiple external vendor/partner relationships to ensure high quality services, the utmost compliance with Myovant and industry policies, practices and regulations, and seamless integration with internal processes and teams.
- Build and manage the day to day activities of Sales Operations including sales planning, government reporting, field communications, territory design, incentive compensation, field technologies, field dashboards, sample management, and fleet management.
- Build and lead Data Management, Reporting and, Sales Analytics function that will procure, collect and store all data for the commercial organization. Develop data governance to ensure centralized data acquisition and supplier management and implement data quality process for master data.
- Educate Sales team on effective use of data and data reports to analyze and optimize their business.
- Rigorously assess each selling capability to determine whether to build from within or outsource and obtain organizational buy-in to recommendations. Partner with IT to make critical decisions on systems capabilities.
- Establish collaborative working relationship with Procurement to optimize the financial management of key functional areas
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Strong pharmaceutical sales and sales operations experience
- High analytical capability with history of leveraging data and analytical techniques to optimize business decisions.
- Knowledge of current data management practices and systems
- Good understanding of regulatory and legal requirements to pharmaceutical commercial operations
- Solid budget planning and budget management acumen
- Excellent diplomacy and facilitation skills; ability to influence without authority
- Ability to motivate and lead teams and have the managerial courage to make and stand by difficult decisions.
- Highly skilled in influencing cross-functional teams, including interfacing with key internal and external stakeholders and with sales and marketing teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confident executive presence, and ability to communicate with and influence the Commercial Leadership Team.
- Record of attracting and developing strong talent both internally and externally. Proven ability to grow and develop others.
- BA or BS
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in commercial functions within the biopharmaceutical industry including commercial operations, marketing, business analytics, and sales.
- Minimum of 2 years of leading selling teams, ideally within the last 5 years
- Familiarity with leading sales operations vendors and capabilities
- Proven track record of effectively collaborating with and supporting Sales Leadership team
- Demonstrated experience in fully outsourcing commercial operations functions and effectively managing partner relationships
- Ability to partner with IT to define systems requirements
- At least 3 years managing a team of direct reports
- Experience designing and building out a commercial operations function is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 15%
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity