Sr. Director, US Market Access, National Accounts
Myovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for women’s health and endocrine diseases with a mission to become the global leader in women’s health. Myovant launched in the spring of 2016 and completed just a few months later, in October 2016, the largest biotech IPO of the year. Since then the company has been on a rapid growth trajectory and is on track to become an exciting new success story. Myovant expects data from five Phase 3 clinical trials for relugolix across three indications (Uterine Fibroids, Endometriosis and Prostate Cancer) in the next twelve months. Each of these indications represent major commercial opportunities for which the company has retained full US and EU rights. In addition, Myovant has global rights to a second product candidate, MVT-602, which is being developed for the treatment of female infertility as part of assisted reproduction. We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Sr. Director, US Market Access, National Accounts. The position reports to the Vice President, US Market Access. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA or remote.
This role will build and lead the field market access national account team responsible for delivering Myovant corporate and relugolix payer value proposition, negotiate profitable access through approved contract guidelines and orchestrate pull through efforts aligned with brand and market access strategy to support the sales organization for Myovant’s Women’s Health & Prostate Cancer launches. The role will collaborate closely with cross-functional leaders, including Marketing, Sales, Commercial Operations, Business Analytics and Medical Affairs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Build the field market access team and initially generate corporate awareness in advance of relugloix approvals in women’s health and prostate cancer.
- Upon launch, drive market access account team performance to deliver favorable formulary coverage at segmented payer targets, manage revenue and share goals while continuously assessing account performance metrics and adjusting strategies and plans to achieve organizational objectives.
- Inspire, coach, manage and develop national account team to achieve and grow as individuals and a cohesive and cross functional team.
- Serve as an active and highly collaborative member of the Myovant Commercial Team.
- Continuously scan the US payer customer environment for opportunities and threats.
- Work with the VP, US Market Access to develop customer access strategies and tactics that align to overall launch strategies for relugolix.
- Lead field efforts focused on customer interactions with Commercial Health Plans, Pharmacy Benefit Managers, State Medicaid, Medicare, and Federal VA/DOD channels, and Hospital Systems.
- Facilitate the development of relationships between payers and Myovant's executive teams to help identify areas of common interest for partnership to support broad definitions of value and a long-term perspective.
- Partner with Medical Affairs on the execution and development of an integrated scientific and payer key opinion leadership strategy.
- Demonstrate market access thought leadership and represent Myovant at key meetings, functions, and conferences, etc., when appropriate
- Build a compliance culture and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulatory mandates
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Record of attracting and developing strong market access talent
- Biotech or pharmaceutical US marketplace launch experience
- Experience designing and building out a field market access team
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, confident executive presence, and ability to communicate with and influence the Executive Team.
- Record of attracting and developing strong talent both internally and externally. Proven ability to grow and develop others.
- A fierce and motivating competitive spirit and demonstrated track record of outmaneuvering and winning against the competition in manner that is aligned with Myovant values and rules of compliance.
- Ability to motivate and lead teams and have the managerial courage to make and stand by difficult decisions.
- Strong negotiating skills and experience.
- Heavy customer-service orientation and track record of handling difficult customer situations
- Working knowledge of US federal health care policies and programs and all relevant legal, compliance, regulatory and reporting requirements
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Bachelor's degree. MBA or other relevant graduate degree preferred
- 12 years of relevant market access experience required, including at least 8 years of experience in national account leadership roles involving product launch.
- 5 years of experience in biopharmaceutical sales, market access/payer marketing, brand marketing, reimbursement, distribution, pricing, health economics and outcomes research required.
- Prior national account team leadership or equivalent senior sales leadership required.
- Proven ability of successful private and public payer contract negotiation, effective gross to net management and pull through success.
- Depth and breadth of current relationships with top national PBM’s and health plans required in pharmacy, preferred to also have in specialty products
- Experience in women’s health and/or oncology preferred
- Ability to travel up to 75%
Equal Employment Opportunity