Myovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for women’s health and endocrine diseases with a mission to become the global leader in women’s health. Myovant launched in the spring of 2016 and completed just a few months later, in October 2016, the largest biotech IPO of the year. Since then the company has been on a rapid growth trajectory and is on track to become an exciting new success story. Myovant expects data from five Phase 3 clinical trials for relugolix across three indications (Uterine Fibroids, Endometriosis and Prostate Cancer) in 2019. Each of these indications represent major commercial opportunities for which the company has retained full US and EU rights. In addition, Myovant has global rights to a second product candidate, MVT-602, which is being developed for the treatment of female infertility as part of assisted reproduction. We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Director, HCP Marketing for Prostate Cancer. The position reports to the Senior Director, Marketing for Prostate Cancer. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Director, HCP Marketing for Prostate Cancer will co-develop the HCP marketing strategy and promotional plan to launch relugolix in Prostate Cancer, the lead indication for Myovant in oncology. The individual in this role will assess market growth opportunities, build plans, and develop tactics to successfully launch and grow relugolix for Prostate Cancer. The Director, HCP Marketing must be dynamic leader who will inspire his/her direct reports, the sales force, and other key stakeholders and matrix partners. The individual in this role should be accomplished in both personal and non-personal promotion, performance measurement and tracking, and the disciplined execution of marketing plans. The role will collaborate closely with the broader Brand Marketing team, Market Access, Commercial Operations, Medical Affairs, Legal and Regulatory.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop HCP customer insights, based on deep and hidden customer truths, that will lead to actionable strategies and tactics
- Contribute to the development of the Brand Plan and HCP customer strategies
- Lead the development and execution of the HCP Operating Plan
- Build and develop a seamless relationship with the Sales Force, Sales Training, other field teams, and the speaker bureau to ensure exquisite, aligned execution of Brand Strategy
- Lead measurement and performance tracking for the Brand overall and for the HCP customer in particular
- Partner with other Marketing and Market Access counterparts to maximize synergy across the customer and patient journey. Partner with medical, regulatory and legal to understand and execute opportunities to best represent the Brand within the marketplace.
- Oversee and manage relevant components of marketing budget
- Ensure that all marketing activities are in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Technical marketing competencies: Marketplace/customer analysis and insight generation, customer segmentation, targeting, campaign and message development
- Expertise with personal promotion, including face-to-face selling and CRM, and Opinion Leader management
- Working knowledge of current digital marketing environment and dynamics, including prevailing HCP channels, usage habits, and advertising approaches
- Solid ability to effectively lead a team in aligning to a common vision, and towards the development of individual team members
- Ability to translate and communicate complex information/strategies into simple and impactful execution plans
- High analytical capability with history of effectively directing and leveraging market research and developing, tracking, and acting on performance metrics and market insights.
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and impact on development of marketing materials is required.
- History of effectively partnering with advertising agencies to realize the best of their abilities.
- A fierce and motivating competitive spirit and demonstrated track record of outmaneuvering and winning against the competition in manner that is aligned with Myovant values and rules of compliance.
- Strong track record of project and process management skills, along with the ability to work on multiple tasks, and to effectively prioritize
- Strong ability to both lead, and serve as a member of, cross-functional teams
- Strong communication effectiveness: The ability to effectively engage, connect, and influence senior management, key stakeholders, sales and marketing organizations
- BA or BS
- MBA preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in pharmaceutical marketing and 7 years total across key commercial functions such as marketing, commercial operations, market research/analytics and/or Sales.
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility within sales or sales support (training, operations, analytics) and marketing
- Ability to travel up to 15%
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity