Director/Associate Director, Program Management
Myovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical startup company focused on delivering innovative women’s health and prostate cancer solutions. We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Director/Associate Director, Program Management. The position reports to the Vice President, Development Operations. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Director/Associate Director, Program Management is based in the Product Development department. The purpose of the position is to drive the development and manage the execution of high quality, realistic, global, integrated strategic plans for one or more clinical & commercial phase drug development programs. The GPM ensures coordination of planning and execution with functional project managers. The GPM is expected to apply project management best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control, and closing of projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leading and managing the Project Team operational activities
- Recruiting, leading, managing, coaching and retaining staff
- Developing & maintaining high performing teams
- Ensuring alignment between project and program strategies and plans
- Generating high quality global strategic integrated project plans (IPP), risk management and communication Plans
- Driving adherence to the Myovant Drug Development and governance processes, including delivery of timely and quality Project Team deliverables
- Management of, Joint Development Teams as part of partnerships / alliances
- Driving cross-functional resource, financial and capacity assessments
- Applying best practice project management to Myovant’s drug development processes.
Staff Management and Cross-functional Operations Management
- Recruit, develop, and mentor project management staff
- Lead cross-functional operations to ensure efficient execution of project activities and resolution of issues
Project Team Operations
- Manage and drive the development and execution of high-quality, realistic, cross-functional Early & Late Development plans
- Accountable for the Integrated Project Plan (IPP) and its vision as the single source of project and program information
- Ensure global, cross functional thinking and appropriate analytical rigor in the development of PT strategies
- Ensure Review/Governance Board review of appropriate PT strategies/documents
- Proactively identify impediments to team effectiveness and drive the development of related solutions. Ensure PT commitment to team effectiveness improvements
- Manage and drive the development of all cross-functional PT deliverables (Contracts, Goals, Mgmt. Reports, Charters etc.)
- Drive preparation of Review/Governance Board deliverables and ensure implementation of Governance Board decisions
- Manage operational aspects of PT meetings and Governance Board meetings
Cross-functional Communication and Alignment
- Develop, manage, and communicate the program plan and ensure alignment with integrated project plans
- Ensure cross-functional alignment between project and program strategies and plan
- Escalate program and Project Team issues to stakeholders, as appropriate
- Drive the development of Project Team communication plans (internal/external)
- Serve as the single point of contact for program information
Partnership Management (as applicable)
- Conduct and manage routine partnership meetings
- Manage key partnership contract deliverables
- Conduct program level scenario planning and risk analysis. Drive the development of contingency and risk mitigation plans. Provide oversight in project level scenario planning and risk analysis
- Drive cross-functional resource, financial and capacity assessments.
- Negotiate with functional heads to manage resource gaps.
- Ensure program has appropriate resources (both FTE and $) to achieve program and project deliverables
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or a relevant field
- Minimum of ten years industry experience within the Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, or other Healthcare related field
- Associate Director: Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a Program Management role managing and/or leading cross-functional drug development teams in either early or late-stage drug development
- Director: Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a Program Management role managing and/or leading cross-functional drug development teams within all phases of drug development.
- Drug Development knowledge with advanced understanding of other functions; including, but not limited to, Research, Non-Clinical, Clinical, Manufacturing and Operations, Commercial, Regulatory, and Medical Affairs
- Application of Project Management tools, methodologies, practices
- Advanced Knowledge of Project Management principles and practices
- Advanced experience in doing Risk Analysis, Decision Analysis and Contingency Planning
- Working knowledge and experience with Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task under limited direction and on own initiative
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as the position will interface potentially key opinion leaders and employees.
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Must have excellent customer-service orientation, high degree of professionalism, and ability to work with limited direction.
- Daily demonstrates a positive, ‘can do’ and service oriented attitude. Strong oral and written communicator; detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
- Self-motivated, with initiative and the ability to take ownership of, and follow through with, specific tasks, initiatives or projects.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines.
- Skilled in developing collaborative internal and external relationships.
- Required skill in the operation of standard office equipment including: fax machines, copy machines and other equipment as necessary.
- Strong PC experience and demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Staff Management and staff development experience
- Advanced degree preferred or strong demonstration of equivalent combination of relevant educational and professional training
- Global experience within all phases of drug development managing multiple programs
- Experience as a Program Manager on joint teams in an alliance with an external partner
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity