Myovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for women’s health and endocrine diseases with a mission to become the global leader in women’s health. Myovant launched in the spring of 2016 and completed just a few months later, in October 2016, the largest biotech IPO of the year. Since then the company has been on a rapid growth trajectory and is on track to become an exciting new success story. Myovant expects data from five Phase 3 clinical trials for relugolix across three indications (Uterine Fibroids, Endometriosis and Prostate Cancer) in 2019. Each of these indications represent major commercial opportunities for which the company has retained full US and EU rights. In addition, Myovant has global rights to a second product candidate, MVT-602, which is being developed for the treatment of female infertility as part of assisted reproduction. Myovant is seeking experienced, highly motivated individuals to, lead and continue to grow its Accounting and Finance team as we grow the company and realize our vision of becoming the global leader in women’s health. As part of that vision we strive to build one of the best finance organizations in our industry. The Company is located in Brisbane, California.
The Director, External Reporting is an integral part of the Myovant Finance organization and will report to the Vice President, Accounting. The Director will be responsible for preparing SEC filings (10K, 10Q, 8-K, Proxy Statement), as well as other governmental and statutory filings, and equity administration. The position will also support the development and maintenance of company-wide accounting policies and perform accounting research, including the assessment and implementation of new accounting standards and the evaluation of the accounting for non-standard transactions. The role requires collaboration across other departments (e.g., Legal, Accounting, Investor Relations) to ensure reporting requirements are satisfied.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the preparation of Forms 10Q and Form 10K, including drafting financial statement footnotes and MD&A.
- Responsible for coordinating completion of, and maintaining supporting documentation for, all areas of external reporting as well as the preparation of US GAAP and SEC disclosure checklists.
- Lead and maintain SEC reporting calendar and coordinate review process with key stakeholders involving the Executive Team as well as Investor Relations to review earnings releases, earnings scripts, and investor presentations.
- Interact with Accounting team members to understand financial transactions impacting financial reporting disclosures.
- Critical focus on continuous process improvement initiatives that enhance the efficiency and accuracy of financial reporting.
- Assist in the development and implementation of financial standards and internal controls across a global organization.
- Independently analyze and evaluate accounting issues and financial transactions for compliance with applicable accounting rules and SEC regulations and assist with the implementation of new accounting pronouncements and interpretations.
- Responsible for the preparation of the XBRL tagging of consolidated financial statements and footnotes.
- Prepare and review other periodic SEC documents, including, but not limited to Forms 8-K and Proxy Statement.
- Manage communications with external auditors on financial reporting, control environment and key accounting decisions specific to Myovant.
- Assist with internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley related activities.
- Perform other accounting/financial reporting duties as required by the position.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- 10+ years of combined public accounting and biotech/pharma industry experience, including at least 5 years in industry preparing SEC filings for a public company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required. Active CPA license is strongly preferred.
- Hands on experience with Workiva is preferred.
- Hands on experience with detail XBRL tagging is required.
- Experience managing equity programs is preferred.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements, as well as the ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate accounting and reporting issues.
- Experience with stock based compensation accounting and experience evaluating appropriate accounting for non-standard transactions.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to efficiently provide high-quality work.
- Strong communication skills to interact and coordinate activities with various stakeholders inside and outside the company, including the Executive Team and the company’s auditors
- Unquestionable integrity and judgement.
- Accountable and able to work independently as well as part of a team to meet strict timelines.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity