Job Description: Technical Lead - Myntra Data Platform
Myntra’s Engineering team builds the technology platform that empowers our customers’ shopping experience and enables the smooth flow of products from suppliers to our customers’ doorsteps. We work on areas such as building massive-scale web-applications, engaging user-interfaces, big-data analytics, mobile apps, workflow systems, inventory-management etc. We are a small technology team where each individual has a huge impact. You will have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing organization and gain exposure to all the parts of a comprehensive e-commerce platform.
You will be part of: Myntra Data Platform (MDP)
The Myntra Data Platform Engineering team is looking for a Technical Lead to drive the architecture and design of large scale distributed data platforms and applications that will address increasingly complex business questions and also into end-user facing applications for both real-time and batch use cases.
Your Role / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for design, development and delivery of distributed systems end-to-end with scalability/availability and resiliency in mind
- Design and implement Low Latency Analytical platform services leveraging open source and cloud technology.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of data lifecycle (data modelling, processing, data quality, data evolution) and underlying tech stacks (Hadoop, Spark, MPP).
- Build self-service capabilities in the platform to help users provision and analyse data in a self-served manner.
- Interface with Product Management , Development Teams to translate business requirements into generic data platform capabilities with ability to design solutions accordingly
- Mentor Data, Platform and Software Engineers at various levels of seniority by doing their design and code reviews, providing constructive and timely feedback on code quality, design issues, technology choices with performance and scalability being critical drivers.
- Challenge the status quo and propose innovative ways to process, model, consume data when it comes to tech stack choices or design principles.
- Work with the management to create quarterly roadmaps and drive them to completion.
- Implementation of long term technology vision for your team.
- At least 6-9 years of data engineering experience with experience in leading a team and building data engineering applications on a large-scale distributed computing infrastructure in a cloud environment
- Excellent data modelling skills (relational, multi-dimensional) and proficiency in one of the programming languages preferably Java and Scala.
- Demonstrate in-depth experience working with and maintaining large scale production Kafka Clusters, streaming applications using Flink/Spark Streaming/KStreams and and systems utilizing OSS software (Debezium, Kafka Connect, etc) in the Big Data ecosystem.
- Quick; Excellent Problem Solving skills for complex & large scale data applications problems.
- Solid hands-on experience with Enterprise Data Warehouse, Data Lake and Big data storage and computation frameworks like OLAP Systems, MPP (Redshift, Druid, Snowflake), Hadoop Compute (MR, Spark, Flink, Hive).
- Strong knowledge of relational and NoSQL datastores and advanced concepts around replication and performance tuning (indexing, etc).
- Excellent Mentoring skills – Be the technical mentor to your team.
- B. Tech. or higher in Computer Science or equivalent required.
Nice to Have:
- Worked in a small setup (either a start-up or a small & reasonably independent team / development centre)
- Experience in building large scale web-services and good knowledge of service-oriented architectures/microservices
- Good knowledge of automating and provisioning infrastructure deployments using Terraform and Chef/Ansible on a cloud platform
- Active participant in technology forums/meetups and contributor to Open source projects; represent Myntra in external forums.