The primary objective for our category vertical is to become the leading destination for ethnic wear fashion for women by over-indexing on strategic partnerships with the best national brands in our categories. This includes working closely with some of the top labels of the country to get the best selection for the Myntra consumer.
This portfolio entails strengthening Myntra’s footprint in the overall Indianwear market for the largely unorganized portfolios like Sarees, Dress material etc. Alongside this, the team ensures that the exclusive ethnic wear portfolio bigger by identifying Brand wise strategies and getting them implemented at a very fast pace in the ready to wear segment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Strategic selection planning for the category
- Marketing and demand shaping for the category
- Assortment planning, buying and merchandising
- Inventory Management
- Key Account Management
- Financial Planning for the category
- Sales Forecasting ; Trend Analysis
- Market Trend Analysis
- Introducing innovative processes to increase adoption of the products
- Relationship Management (Internal & External)
- Build the category strategy: Customer proposition, sourcing and brand map, visual merchandising, support processes for adoption and supply chain management
- Setup the category processes in line with defined strategy: brand selection, sourcing, cataloguing, supply chain, sampling, content and community building
- Innovate on and execute specific processes required to succeed in the market segment sampling, community, packaging, customer lifecycle management etc.
- Build and maintain robust brand relationships and partnership on a consistent basis to ensure the latest and most relevant brand products and campaigns are driven on Myntra first.
- Understand current trends, opportunities, assortment, competition and buyers vision by category of business and use this knowledge to properly assort, merchandise and market product online
- Position and present products within the online store in ways that exceed expectations such as conversion, average order value, customer service that add to the overall brand positioning
- Actively drive continuous marketing for the category on the app and off it (email, digital marketing and social campaigns) to drive category salience and shape demand thereby bringing in relevant users to the app. Work with the analytics team to measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns to evaluate and improve future performance;
- Partner with the Digital Content team to develop merchandising calendar for website home and landing Pages, navigation, special initiatives, item image, copy strategy, etc.;
- Execute on-going competitive analysis as well as recommended strategies and tactics to improve our value equation to the customer;
- Ensure the accuracy and timelines of all product launches, marketing campaigns and other customer interaction;
- Provides leadership and individual developmental growth to associate and/or assistant merchandisers in the department.
Qualifications & Experience
- Strong marketing bent of mind and consumer understanding for the category
- Strong buying & merchandising experience
- Revenue and profitability management of category with right assortment
- Relationship management skills
- Timely execution of special initiatives for the category
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and ambiguous environment
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Strong analytical ; numbers acumen and be comfortable generating and evaluating forecasts, metrics points and messaging are working and measured harmoniously