This role is to lead the Curation charter on the platform which is part of our category and business team at Myntra. This team is responsible for defining and owning the fashion and trend direction for selection shaping across all our Business Units & Categories. This team works across business categories, revenue, creative , catalogue and most importantly with our data science and product tech teams as well to help create a competitive moat for Myntra which is based on trend, innovation and fashion expertise.
Roles & Responsibilities
To lead the Curation charter on the platform which is part of our category and business team at Myntra.
The role requires a keen understanding of trends in the fashion space both in India and globally, an ability to build a vision for the platform and drive it independently as well as the ability to manage a fast paced work environment with great collaboration. Great skills at Stakeholder management, both external and internal with an ability to influence decisions and drive innovations across platforms, especially a high potential team is key to this role.
This person will also be responsible for building a clear selection direction for the categories where trends have to be taken into consideration and help Myntra be the choice of customers across all TGs - from Younger TGs to the more mature online shoppers
- Lead the trend vision for Myntra from a fashion & lifestyle perspective ensuring we are always the first, be highly curated and differentiated in our selection standpoint which helps us build a competitive moat.
- Responsible for fashion and trend forecasting- Influence buying/selection - Create seasonal trend decks for all teams (to direct/ help buyers pick right trends, across categories, brands,MMB IB, for different tiers) - and across all our channels - especially Marketplace & Omni.
- Build the right selection inputs across all fashion trends/stories to aid in better customer experience, and result in higher consideration, and sales across BAU and Events and Seasons.
- Customer first approach- Ability to mine data for trends, track online conversations(using all our customer facing channels ) to understand what customers want and build assortments accordingly. Work with our Vorta , data science and business insights teams to be able to drive insights ahead of competition in India and own conversations to shape selection as well.
- Work closely with the categories during the pre-season buying activities to build an assortment that is relevant to our audiences at all points in time.
- Study the fashion market, understand the gaps in trends on the platform, and work with the categories to plug the gaps.
- Own the creative and trend charter on identifying strategic white spaces and prioritising them with business on growth, opportunity size and customer metrics- especially driving new customer acquisitions, cross sell and - initiatives like specific stores and M Mall initiatives.
- Drive engagement & conversations across all stakeholders on impact of subcultures - ( Sneakerhoods, K Pop, Sustainability, Thrift/GenZ ) across all business units and to collaborate on the way forward.
- Partner with Product Tech and Data Science teams on search and tech lead initiatives to solve for customers.
- Partner with the Catalogue Team to lead on global fashion directions based on selection inputs and differentiation goals. eg Womens Fashion/Mens Premium etc.
Qualifications & Experience
- 10 - 12 Years of Experience in leading fashion and trends for national brands or global brands.
- Background in fashion/ beauty or lifestyle businesses is a must. Ecomm experience preferred.
- Should have managed teams and large scale operations. High on People and Collaboration Skills.
- PG - NIFT / Global Fashion Institute would help.