Technical Lead – Front End Engineer
Myntra’s Engineering team builds the technology platform that empowers our customers’ shopping experience and enables the smooth flow of products from suppliers to our customers’ doorsteps. We work on areas such as building massive-scale web-applications, engaging user-interfaces, big-data analytics, mobile apps, workflow systems, inventory-management etc. We are a small technology team where each individual has a huge impact. You will have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing organization and gain exposure to all the parts of a comprehensive ecommerce platform.
You will be a part of: Storefront (SF)
If you are enthusiastic to work on services platform built for extremely high scale, working on cutting-edge front-end technologies and world class payments and checkout infrastructure then Myntra storefront is the right place to be.
To manage 10s of Millions of requests each day scaling to 100s of millions of requests on high sale events Myntra SF Engineering team builds the technology platform that personalizes our customer’s shopping experience and enables the smooth flow of products from suppliers to our customers’ doorstep. We work on areas such as building massive-scale mobile and web-applications, engaging user-interfaces, user personalization platform, content systems, search systems, imaging and visualization systems for products etc. We are a technology team where each individual has a huge impact and get to experience the delight of your hard labor being visible to real users. You will work closely with the business in shaping our product and serve hundreds of millions of Indians! You will have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing SF organization and gain exposure to all the parts of a comprehensive ecommerce platform.
The SF team at Myntra operates within distinct verticals which are (Storefront – Services Platform, Storefront Platforms for personalization & Store Channe
- Write maintainable/scalable/efficient and modular code for a very front end for the portal and alternative channels.
- Design and develop user interface for business sensitive consumer facing e-commerce portal.
- Work in a cross-functional team, collaborating with peers during entire SDLC.
- Follow coding standards, unit-testing, code reviews etc.
- Follow release cycles and commitment to deadlines.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 plus years experience in developing front-end for large scale web based consumer facing products. Hands-on developer & focused on being an individual contributor.
- Strong understanding of mobile platforms and browsers.
- Strong CS & HTTP fundamentals
- Experience and expertise in UI architecture, component/framework design
- Excellent programming skills in HTML5, CSS3
- Building advanced responsive layouts.
- Node.js background is essential, React.js is a plus.
- Ability to write code compatible across browsers and other clients.
- Exposure to mobile based interfaces, social media
- Good understanding of backend systems i.e. web services, APIs from a consumer perspective.
- B Tech/BE or M Tech/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from a reputed college.