Associate Architect - Platform Engineering
Myntra’s Engineering team builds the technology platform that empowers our customers’ shopping experience and enables the smooth flow of products from suppliers to our customers’ doorsteps. We work on areas such as building massive-scale web-applications, engaging user-interfaces, big-data analytics, mobile apps, workflow systems, inventory-management etc. We are a small technology team where each individual has a huge impact. You will have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing organization and gain exposure to all the parts of a comprehensive e-commerce platform.
About The Team
Systems Engineering team designs, builds and manages platforms which allows Myntra’s tech product to be deployed and run at scale. Platforms which allow a number of production automation like provisioning of infrastructure at scale and manage complex access management on servers. This team manages all databases having TB of size across Myntra. Monitoring and centralized logging systems built by the team is catering millions of data points every day and terabytes of new logs.
The Systems Engineering team solves problems in the domain of build and release engineering, infrastructure management, provisioning, database management at scale. Systems Engineering helps Myntra achieve true DevOps by providing self-service Infrastructure and Platform Services at scale with multi-tenancy constructs.
- Architect, design, develop and build reliable, scalable multi-tenant platforms
- Create frameworks and build reliable and reusable abstractions
- Improve existing products to support scale, security and new feature requirements
- Collaborate with across engineering teams, lead technical discussion and drive for consensus
- Take platform as a service approach to solve challenges towards DevOps transformation
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Total of 10+ years’ experience in software development
- Experience in building large scale distributed systems and strong fundamentals in operating systems like concurrency, multi-threading, synchronization.
- Experience in building multi-tenant platforms on cloud platforms, preferably on Azure.
- Experience in incorporating best security practices.
- Skilled in at least one programming language framework. We use Go and Python
- Strong working experience in designing database and have used at least one transactional open source database and any NoSQL databases
- Knowledge or working experience in big data systems is a plus
- Strong sense in identifying issues and bottlenecks. Desire to lead to technical transformation