Mynd is a tech-enabled real estate company serving an $85B+ property management and real estate investment market. In the past few years, financial services disruptors like E-Trade, Schwab, and Robinhood have unlocked access to the stock market, minting a new generation of self-service investors. Yet we at Mynd believe that real estate remains the most powerful tool for building generational wealth.
We’re on a mission to create happy homes and healthy investments by offering best-in-class property management services and making SFRs as accessible and effortless as other types of investments. Investing in real estate can be intimidating, especially for first-time buyers. Plus, many potential investors don’t want to invest in real estate in their geographic area or have been priced out of competitive big city housing markets. Through localized operations in 25 markets across the US, and real-time insights via our platform, we remove the time, communication, and geographic barriers traditionally associated with real estate. Investors can now find, purchase, rent, manage, and sell single-family rental properties 100% remotely.
Mynd was named the #1 fastest-growing private company in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times in 2020. We’ve attracted talent from Starwood Waypoint Homes, McKinsey, Shift, Better, BCG, One Medical, Zillow, Upwork, and Facebook. We’re backed by top VCs, including Lightspeed, Canaan, and Jackson Square, and just announced a $5 billion deal with Invesco Real Estate that will make us the largest buyer of single-family rental homes in the country. Most importantly, we’re a kind and fun team of innovators who truly enjoy ushering in a new generation of real estate investors.
About the role:
A great opportunity for visionaries who want to make an impact!
We have consumer-focused roles for designing mobile apps and experiences that tens of thousands of people rely on. We have Growth Design opportunities for those who enjoy working with Marketing and acting as a through-line between Sales and Product. There's also plenty of work with platform and investor tools, where you can help visualize complex data and design usable and accessible dashboards for real-estate professionals.
You will do it with the full support of our experienced product managers, inquisitive data analysts and UX researchers, brilliant engineers and the rest of the Design Team who always got your back.
Responsibilities: What you'll do!
- Use your artistic eye and good taste to design beautiful and usable UI components that will take our interface to the next level
- Use your analytical mind and intelligence to discover how to improve the user experience for everyone using our platform and apps
- Work in Figma to design and prototype new features, flows and entire products using our Design System (MyndBlox)
- Constantly communicate with Product Managers, Engineers and Business partners to ensure all the designs are implemented to specifications
- Participate in internal design critiques and present your work to the rest of the stakeholders
- Conduct usability testing and user research with our Mynders, investors, residents, applicants and vendors
Qualifications: What'll get your foot in the door!
- 5+ years of experience in UX/UI design
- Mastery in Figma preferred, but if you’re an expert in Sketch or Adobe XD, that works as well
- Experience working on complex SaaS products
- Always a plus if you’re good in icon design and illustration
- We are using Jira and Notion to manage our products, so if you’ve worked with those platforms before, it'll be easier
- We’d love to review a detailed portfolio of your work, especially if it includes some UX case-studies that describe the thought processes behind the design decisions (user-flow diagrams, stakeholder interviews, etc..)
- Fluency in English
- This is mostly a remote position, but our office is in Oakland, California, so you should be available to work more-or-less during North American business hours
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
Mynd is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, owners, residents and communities. The health and safety of our employees and contractors around the world continues to be our top priority as we face the challenges associated with COVID-19. Leaders across Mynd meet regularly to consider the evolving situation and are doing all we can to keep our teams healthy.
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
- Be Myndful
- Always Be Entrepreneurial
- Earn Trust
- Play Team First
- Be an ‘A’ Player
- Think Like An Investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.