Mynd is a full-stack tech-enabled real estate management company serving an $85B+ market. In addition to property management, Mynd helps both retail and institutional investors with buying and selling, financing, insurance, and more. Leveraging its proprietary technology and real time data, Mynd enables efficient operations at scale and has rapidly expanded into 24 markets.
Mynd is the first proptech company of its kind to combine technology and expert teams to deliver best-in-class services for investors. Mynd has a mission to create happy homes and healthy investments and was recently named the #1 fastest-growing private company in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times in 2020.
On June 1, 2021, Mynd announced a deal with Invesco Real Estate that will propel Mynd to be one of the largest buyers of SFR homes in the country. Invesco Real Estate, a global real estate investment manager, is investing capital into the Mynd business, as well as partnering with Mynd as an institutional investor with a capital commitment of up to $5 billion dollars across multiple strategies to acquire 20,000 homes.
About the Role:
The role of the Institutional Portfolio Manager is to provide excellent service to our largest and most sophisticated clients, Institutions. You will become intimately familiar with the unique operating procedures of your portfolio, execute at the highest level and ensure that the portfolio is performing optimally. You are a high performer and will manage the resolution of complex and ever-changing demands while accurately managing Institutional expectations. Adaptability, high attention to detail and impeccable communication are a given. Your portfolio will grow rapidly and across state lines and its incumbent upon you to exercise extreme ownership in all areas of the business, including leasing, R&M, resident services, and accounting to ensure everything goes smoothly. You will work collaboratively with, and act as a liaison between, the investor and the rest of the Mynd organization, partnering with other departments and products as needed. This role has the support of the entire Mynd team and is critical to our growth strategy.
- Manage Institutional Portfolio in accordance with investors’ changing goals and objectives
- Provide excellent customer service at all times to our Institutional partners
- Resolve complex problems and permanently resolve the underlying issues to prevent them from happening again, all while appropriately managing the expectations of sophisticated investors
- Systematically assess, organize, schedule and execute tasks by leveraging proprietary technology and our central teams
- Proactively create tasks for Mynd team members and follow up to ensure satisfactory completion
- Build strong virtual relationships with all other Mynd departments
- Co-author the Institutional Management playbook to guide an eventual scale of tens of thousands of homes
- Enthusiastically embrace innovation by testing software, processes and organizational changes, providing actionable feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience preferred in real estate, customer service, or account management
- Prior experience in property management, a plus
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-driven and intrinsically motivated with the ability to prioritize and consistently meet deadlines
- Thrives in a fast-paced and startup environment
- Tech savvy
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
Mynd is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, owners, residents and communities. The health and safety of our employees and contractors around the world continues to be our top priority as we face the challenges associated with COVID-19. Leaders across Mynd meet regularly to consider the evolving situation and are doing all we can to keep our teams healthy.
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
Always Be Entrepreneurial
Play Team First
Be an ‘A’ Player
Think Like An Investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.