Mynd Management is a full-service, tech-enabled property management and real estate investment company serving the single-family rental (SFR) housing sector. Headquartered in Oakland, Calif., Mynd was named the #1 fastest-growing private company in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times in 2020. Mynd efficiently manages rental homes for property owners, provides digital leasing services for renters, and offers quality housing to residents in 19 metros nationwide. Mynd’s industry-leading services and features such as 3D tours, virtual leasing, online rent collection, and weekly disbursements provide an unparalleled rental living experience and maximize net operating income for owners. Mynd has a mission to create happy homes and healthy investments.
We’re always on the lookout for top talent. Mynd is not only made up of real estate professionals but also skilled individuals across a wide variety of industries — there is no ideal employee profile other than having a passion for active problem-solving and an impeccable work ethic. We seek those ready to hit the ground running, and those who want to join a team driven by data and by great customer experience. Join us!
About the role:
MYND’s Portfolio Associate will join our regional team to ensure the appearance of the properties are in excellent condition, both inside and out. This is an entry-level role, with great opportunities for a self-motivated, highly customer focused, and technologically proficient candidate to build knowledge and skills towards a property management career.
*This is a floating position servicing multiple properties.*
*This is a part-time position*
- Complete inspections of properties and units, including but not limited to: Rent Ready, Move-In, Initial Move-Out, Move-Out, City and County Required, and Preventative Maintenance.
- Assist in completion of service requests and turns timely and efficiently as directed.
- Assist in the preparation of vacant units for new move-ins.
- Perform basic level routine maintenance in individual apartments, common areas and amenity areas of the properties - including, preventative maintenance, upkeep, and repairs.
- Post legal notices to doors and handle basic customer service for residents at properties
- Ensure proper removal and disposal of trash as needed.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- High school diploma (or GED), or equivalent experience required
- Valid driver's license, and reliable transportation
- Excellent problem solving skills with attention to detail - “always be inspecting” mentality
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and efficiently manage one's schedule
- Tech savvy with ability to learn and use systems for tracking, scheduling and communications
- Positive, can-do attitude with a commitment to excellence and achieving goals
- Can work effectively independently, and as a member of various teams and committees
- Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings and weekends, if needed
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
Mynd is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, owners, residents and communities. The health and safety of our employees and contractors around the world continues to be our top priority as we face the challenges associated with COVID-19. Leaders across Mynd meet regularly to consider the evolving situation and are doing all we can to keep our teams healthy
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position includes rekeying doors so the use of a drill and/or small hand tools is required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
Always Be Entrepreneurial
Play Team First
Be an ‘A’ Player
Think Like An Investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.