At MyFitnessPal, our vision is to be the most trusted brand for improving your health through better food choices. We believe good health starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your weight management goals.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join the MyFitnessPal Platform Engineering team. Our users rely on MyFitnessPal to power their health and fitness journeys every day. As a member of the MyFitnessPal Platform Engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity to positively impact those users with your expertise in the reliability practices and tooling that drives operation and delivery of the MyFitnessPal ecosystem. In addition to technical expertise, you’ll find that your teammates value collaboration, mentorship, and an inclusive environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Promote growth of teammates through technical guidance, mentorship, and coaching.
- Develop partnerships across engineering teams, cross-functional partners, and vendors.
- Drive a positive, high-performing, collaborative team culture marked by curiosity and intellectual safety.
- Evaluate and improve the reliability practice at MyFitnessPal, spearheading operational excellence within Engineering.
- Prioritize and maintain a backlog of work across complex systems and disciplines.
- Support resolution of production issues.
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Real-world experience with running a successful, diverse team.
- Understanding of DevSecOps & SRE models with practical implementation experience within teams / engineering organizations
- Comfortable working within an Agile environment.
- Experience with Docker and the Kubernetes ecosystem is required.
- Familiarity with telemetry and how to use it to support teams in reaching their goals.
- Ideally you have 2+ years in software development and care about building quality codebases and engaging in code-reviews as a mentor, or equivalent experience.
- Have experience with Linux or Unix-based infrastructure in a cloud environment such as AWS or similar including EC2 compute, IAM and security policy management, data stores (e.g. MySQL, Redis, DynamoDB), and VPC networking.
- Experience with automated configuration management frameworks like Terraform is a plus.
- Agile management certifications are a plus.
- Travel Requirement: Approximately 10% travel will be required for this position
- Job Location: Austin Area is preferred also open to remote
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at MyFitnessPal ranges from $153,400 - $ 215,900. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, MyFitnessPal offers a wide range of comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, parental planning, mental health benefits, annual performance bonus, a 401(k) plan and match, responsible time off, monthly wellness and technology allowances, and others.
Exciting Full-Time Employee Benefits, Perks and Culture
Embrace the Freedom: Be a digital nomad, work from anywhere we have operations within the continental U.S.
Office Vibes: If you prefer working in an office, we've got you covered, our HQ is in vibrant Austin, TX.
Face-to-Face Connections: We value personal connections. Enjoy opportunities to meet and connect with your team members in person to help forge meaningful relationships that extend beyond the virtual realm. Teams meet as often as needed and all of MyFitnessPal gathers annually.
Flexibility At Its Best: Achieve the work-life balance you deserve. Enjoy a flexible time-off policy and work on your own terms with our Responsible Time Off benefit.
Give Back: Use your volunteer days off to support what matters most to you. Each full time teammate receives 2 days per calendar year to give back to their community through service.
Mentorship Program: Take control of your career through our mentorship program where, if you’d like, you will be matched with a teammate who can help you scale your skills and propel your growth.
Family-Friendly Support: Embrace the journey with confidence and care. Enjoy our paid maternity and paternity leave, to provide time to balance family responsibilities with your career and take the time needed to strengthen family relationships. We understand the complexities of starting or expanding a family, which is why we provide best-in-class comprehensive assistance for fertility-related matters.
Wellness Comes First: Live Good Health is one of our core values. Receive a monthly Wellness Allowance, empowering you to focus on your physical and mental well-being by choosing from a range of wellness initiatives, including dedicated mental health days.
Celebrate Greatness: Your hard work deserves recognition! Our reward and recognition platform empowers peers to acknowledge and reward each other for the exceptional contributions they make.
Elevate Your Health & Fitness: Get access to MyFitnessPal Premium, allowing you to take your fitness, health and wellness journey to new heights.
Unlock Your Potential: Access our virtual learning and development library, and participate in training opportunities to continuously grow and enhance your skills.
Championing Inclusion: Our dedicated DEI Committee actively fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace by setting actionable goals and evaluating progress across the organization.
Healthcare Matters: Your well-being is our priority. Take advantage of our competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits that cater to your holistic healthcare needs. Feel secure and supported on your wellness journey.
Secure Your Future: Benefit from our retirement savings program, giving you peace of mind for your financial goals. Reach them sooner with MyFitnessPal’s competitive employer match.
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.