MyFitnessPal™ is the #1 nutrition and fitness app. Over 200 million people worldwide use MyFitnessPal to support them on their nutrition, health and wellness journey. The MyFitnessPal Creative Team drives MyFitnessPal’s brand look and feel across all consumer touchpoints. We collaborate closely with designers, copywriters, marketers, product managers, developers, and project managers to envision, design, and create a positive brand experience. We are passionate about telling the MyFitnessPal story in order to help more people reach their nutrition, health and wellness goals.
What you’ll be doing:
As the Senior Designer in Marketing, you will lead design for all things marketing. This role supports the full funnel of marketing (acquisition through retention) through engaging, elevated and disruptive design while promoting products and services that contribute to a healthy lifestyle for MyFitnessPal users. The Senior Designer will concept and design branding and marketing assets for all marketing initiatives, such as Go To Market campaigns, Paid Media Campaigns, Lifecycle Campaigns and Content programs. This includes, but is not limited to, the development of brand assets like emails, blog posts, digital banners and ads, organic social, paid social, direct mail, and web. The designer will work closely with multiple stakeholders and departments to execute a diverse range of projects.
- Have a strong aesthetic point of view and exceptional typography skills
- Able to concept ideas for different projects and visually communicate a complex value proposition cleanly and drive acquisition, engagement and retention.
- A self-starter and work well collaborating in a fast-paced environment.
- Have an eye for detail and are assertive in implementing consistency across all designs.
- Contribute across full marketing funnel, including new user acquisition through targeted lifecycle email campaigns designed for engagement and retention
- Develop a variety of assets for both brand and performance marketing, including direct mail, blog content, social assets, emails and in app messages
- Advocate for customers and integrate user research in the design process.
- Partner with copywriters to concept and lead projects, including defining deliverables and meeting timelines.
- Translate concepts into simple and elegant experiences that satisfy both business and user needs.
- Create beautifully crafted graphic elements that map back to the brand guidelines.
- Create strategic native content that promotes growth across MyFitnessPal’s marketing platforms/channels.
- Curate a library of stock photography and manipulate images in Photoshop.
- Consistently elevate and evolve visual design throughout the review cycle.
- Work closely with UX, UI and Product Managers on aligning marketing and product messaging, look and feel. Participate in brainstorming and other ideation sessions with product team.
- Manage and organize creative assets and assist with the management and implementation of the DAM
- Live our core values in all you do:
- Be Kind and Care
- Live Good Health
- Be Data-Inspired
- Champion Change
- Leave it Better than You Found It
- Make It Happen
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years of experience as a marketing designer.
- Passionate about health, fitness and nutrition. Actively engaged with content and trends related to health and wellness.
- A passion for pushing creative standards evident in a stellar digital portfolio.
- Understands best practices around driving action in all forms of communications.
- Expertise in refining and iterating on existing ads/campaigns by analyzing ad performance and member acquisition to improve ad performance.
- Excited about conversion oriented design.
- Familiar with data and analytics and its relation to the overall marketing strategy.
- Experience with executing a design system across multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Web) and channels (email, social, in-app marketing) for Go To Market launches, paid acquisition ads, and content campaigns.
- Experience and passion working in both organic and paid social.
- Confident presentation and pitching skills.
- Ability to lead projects and mentor junior designers.
- Attention to detail. Ability to ensure consistency across all assets.
- Comfortable with all things digital product, UI/UX, wireframes, etc.
- Ability to view projects holistically and exercise superior planning skills.
- Eager to solicit feedback from real users and teammates and implement edits when needed.
- Passion for product and enthusiasm to work with dynamic, diverse cross-functional teams in an exciting work environment.
- Experience with Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, prototyping, and expert at adapting to a variety of software.
- Comfortable creating GIFs and animations.
- Knowledge of video editing apps is a plus.
Note: To be considered, you must provide a link to an online portfolio (please include password)
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
Full Time Employee Perks, Benefits, and Culture:
- Remote equal philosophy enabling you to work from any state in which we have operations in the continental U.S.
- Want to work in an office? We also have a physical office in Austin, TX
- Annual, in-person company retreats to work, bond, and enjoy team-building activities
- Opportunities for team members to meet and connect in person for company paid lunches or working sessions
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401K program
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Monthly Wellness Allowance to assist team members to focus on their own physical and mental wellbeing and select wellness initiatives of their own choice
- Reward & recognition platform enabling peers to recognize and reward their peers for all the great work they do
- MyFitnessPal Premium
- Modern Virtual Learning and Development Library
- DEI Committee dedicated to ongoing efforts to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by setting actionable goals and evaluating progress
- Diversity training for employees
- A dynamic, motivating, and fun work environment
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.