At MyFitnessPal, our vision is to be the global catalyst for every “body” to achieve their healthy. We believe good health starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your fitness goals.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join the MyFitnessPal Platform Engineering team. Our users rely on MyFitnessPal to power their health and fitness journeys every day. As a member of the MyFitnessPal Platform Engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity to positively impact those users with your expertise in the infrastructure tooling that drives operation and delivery of the MyFitnessPal ecosystem. In addition to technical expertise, you’ll find that your teammates value collaboration, mentorship, and inclusive environments.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build and maintain a high-quality and scalable developer portal
- Lead major initiatives and be a representative of the team, partnering with other engineering teams to identify requirements for building an amazing developer experience that allows quick, autonomous, and secure delivery of production changes
- Identify opportunities to scale the team and the infrastructure through automation and efficient architectural design
- Build quality codebases by engaging in code-reviews as a mentor and peer and support resolution of production issues across the entire MyFitnessPal stack
- Live our core values in all you do:
- Be Kind and Care
- Live Good Health
- Be Data-Inspired
- Champion Change
- Leave it Better than You Found It
- Make It Happen
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 7+ years of experience or relevant work experience
- 4+ years of experience with NodeJS, TypeScript or Go experience
- Experience with developer platforms like Backstage is preferred
- Experience with GitHub Actions and Kubernetes are a plus
- Experience with a variety of API design patterns, such as REST & GraphQL
- Experience with high volume messaging queues such as Kafka
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
Full Time Employee Perks, Benefits, and Culture:
- Remote equal philosophy enabling you to work from any state in which we have operations in the continental U.S.
- Want to work in an office? We also have a physical office in Austin, TX
- Annual, in-person company retreats to work, bond, and enjoy team-building activities
- Opportunities for team members to meet and connect in person for company paid lunches or working sessions
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401K program
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Monthly Wellness Allowance to assist team members to focus on their own physical and mental wellbeing and select wellness initiatives of their own choice
- Reward & recognition platform enabling peers to recognize and reward their peers for all the great work they do
- MyFitnessPal Premium
- Modern Virtual Learning and Development Library
- DEI Committee dedicated to ongoing efforts to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by setting actionable goals and evaluating progress
- Diversity training for employees
- A dynamic, motivating, and fun work environment
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.