At MyFitnessPal, we believe good health starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your fitness goals.
We’re looking for an Application Security Engineer to join the MyFitnessPal Security team. You will leverage your technical skills to secure the code, development processes, and infrastructure that create the MyFitnessPal product experience. You are a detail-oriented problem solver, able to thrive in a fast-paced and matrixed environment.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Security & IT, you will select and implement tooling to advance secure development across the product lifecycle. You will collaborate with cross functional teams to build robust processes, adopt DevSecOps tactics, and advocate secure coding practices. This is a hands-on technical role that will have substantial autonomy to identify solutions that address gaps in our application security.
What you’ll be doing:
- Take a hands-on role in shaping our product security and keeping MyFitnessPal and our users safe
- Build high efficiency, measurable processes that result in action against automated tooling, including results from scanning in the CI/CD pipeline, bug bounty programs, and other security tooling (DevSecOps)
- Select, implement, and maintain dynamic and static application security analysis tools, monitoring the application at every phase of its life cycle
- Maintain MyFitnessPal’s vulnerability response process, providing direction on mitigation steps and ensuring remediation targets are met
- Provide training and guidance to engineers and developers on secure coding and architecture practices
- Support and grow the maturity of application security initiatives, with an emphasis on automation
- Live our core values in all you do:
- Be Kind and Care
- Live Good Health
- Be Data-Inspired
- Champion Change
- Leave it Better than You Found It
- Make It Happen
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Substantial experience in software engineering, DevOps, or application security roles
- Strong understanding of application security assessment techniques (e.g., SAST, DAST, penetration testing, etc.) and steps to remediate findings
- Knowledge of secure development practices for web and mobile applications (e.g., OWASP Top 10, MAS)
- Familiarity with auto-scaling cloud microservices and associated technologies (e.g., containerization, Kubernetes, infrastructure as code, etc.)
- Experience with implementing security scanning in CI/CD pipelines with orchestration tools (e.g., GitHub Actions, Jenkins, GitLab, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with web and mobile application development is a plus
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal communication, cross-functional collaboration, and leadership skills
- High attention to detail
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
Full Time Employee Perks, Benefits, and Culture:
- Remote equal philosophy enabling you to work from any state in which we have operations in the continental U.S.
- Want to work in an office? We also have a physical office in Austin, TX
- Annual, in-person company retreats to work, bond, and enjoy team-building activities
- Opportunities for team members to meet and connect in person for company paid lunches or working sessions
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401K program
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Monthly Wellness Allowance to assist team members to focus on their own physical and mental wellbeing and select wellness initiatives of their own choice
- Reward & recognition platform enabling peers to recognize and reward their peers for all the great work they do
- MyFitnessPal Premium
- Modern Virtual Learning and Development Library
- DEI Committee dedicated to ongoing efforts to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by setting actionable goals and evaluating progress
- Diversity training for employees
- A dynamic, motivating, and fun work environment
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.