At MyFitnessPal, our vision is to be the global catalyst for every “body” to achieve their healthy. We believe good health starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your fitness goals.
MyFitnessPal is looking for a UX Writer (Contractor) to join our creative, fast-moving, super-fun Product Design team. Is this the gig for you?
Our ideal UX writer:
- Tells compelling stories. Your words will empower people everywhere to engage with our product, content, and community—and feel confident that they, too, can live a happier, healthier life
- Is knowledgeable and curious about nutrition, fitness, and wellness
- Writes conversationally in a way that connects emotionally and personally with users
- Says more with less, and is a ruthless self-editor
- Can comfortably juggle diverse and evolving demands in a dynamic remote workplace
Looking for something long-term? While this is currently a contract position, full-time opps may be available to successful contractors who want to build a career with us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner with UX designers to build simple, elegant, and intuitive experiences that satisfy both user and business needs
- Create targeted content to help users navigate and discover our app, stay motivated, connect with others, and experience joy throughout their health and fitness journeys
- Write user flows, microcopy, explainer and educational copy, in-app messages, upsell screens, web pages, FAQs, and error states
- Collaborate across User Research, Product, Engineering, Analytics, and Customer Happiness to understand customer needs and pain points and solve those efficiently through an end-to-end visual and content design experience
- Work closely with our nutrition scientist and content strategist to develop educational and tip content on a range of nutrition, fitness, and wellness topics
- Transform complex technical and scientific jargon into user-friendly content
- Consult usability testing, analytics, and brand & user research to craft and iterate on content
- Test and tweak copy to increase clickthrough and conversions
- Maintain MyFitnessPal’s tone of voice and style across all touchpoints and evangelize consistency across the organization to ensure company-wide consistency
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years of experience in UX writing, content design, or related roles, preferably in the digital product industry
- Additional experience with conversational, consumer-facing content—such as marketing copywriting, screenwriting, journalism, or similar
- Degree in writing, English, journalism, communication, information design, or related
- Experience writing and presenting content in Figma or similar design software
- User-focused design thinking mentality
- Experience collaborating with UX designers and researchers, product managers, legal, and other cross-functional partners
- Eager to share ideas and solicit feedback
- Master multitasker who is self-organizing, proactive, and deadline driven
- Passion for understanding the MyFitnessPal brand, our members, and their motivations
Note: To be considered, you must provide a link to an online portfolio or deck (please include password). Applicants who pass the initial screening interview may be asked to complete a short take-home assignment and/or present their portfolio during a panel interview.
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
Full Time Employee Perks, Benefits, and Culture:
- Remote equal philosophy enabling you to work from any state in which we have operations in the continental U.S.
- Want to work in an office? We also have a physical office in Austin, TX
- Annual, in-person company retreats to work, bond, and enjoy team-building activities
- Opportunities for team members to meet and connect in person for company paid lunches or working sessions
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401K program
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Monthly Wellness Allowance to assist team members to focus on their own physical and mental wellbeing and select wellness initiatives of their own choice
- Reward & recognition platform enabling peers to recognize and reward their peers for all the great work they do
- MyFitnessPal Premium
- Modern Virtual Learning and Development Library
- DEI Committee dedicated to ongoing efforts to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by setting actionable goals and evaluating progress
- Diversity training for employees
- A dynamic, motivating, and fun work environment
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.