At MyFitnessPal, our vision is to be the global catalyst for every “body” to achieve their healthy. We believe good health starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your fitness goals.
We are looking for a Head of Data & Platform Products / Principal Product Manager who will shape the future of MyFitnessPal’s platform and data strategy. You will interact with business development, data science, engineering, and our partners to effectively prioritize and launch initiatives that will significantly improve our user experience and bring value to our enterprise partners. You will have a blend of vision, business, product, and technical sense, with the ability to extract the uniqueness of MyFitnessPal. You will report directly to the CPO.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure MyFitnessPal's data & platform products and services improve our food data quality, consumer experiences, and enterprise API strategy at a global scale
- Set our platform & data strategy and roadmap balancing both consumer needs and partner needs and leveraging market and data analysis
- Respond to RFPs and assist in partnership relationships
- Apply industry best practices to deliver high-quality products with cross-organizational dependencies
- Coach and mentor PMs, Designers, and Engineers inspiring and elevating them to their highest potential
- Live our core values in all you do:
- Be Kind and Care
- Live Good Health
- Be Data-Inspired
- Champion Change
- Leave it Better than You Found It
- Make It Happen
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 10+ years of experience building digital platforms and products that power consumer digital experiences
- Experience with any of the following is highly preferred:
- Data coverage, quality, and structured data strategies
- Public / enterprise APIs
- Machine Learning
- Ability to connect our data and platform strategy to a user experience that creates delight
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, including executives
- Can effectively lead teams and deliver complex initiatives with no executive intervention. Strong attention to detail. Meets commitments. Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills. Comfortable with and skilled at putting structure on ambiguity
- Help other teammates grow through mentorship and coaching
- This role is initially for a senior Individual Contributor but has management potential based on the candidate
- Passion for helping millions of people achieve their health and fitness goals
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
Full Time Employee Perks, Benefits, and Culture:
- Remote equal philosophy enabling you to work from any state in which we have operations in the continental U.S.
- Want to work in an office? We also have a physical office in Austin, TX
- Annual, in-person company retreats to work, bond, and enjoy team-building activities
- Opportunities for team members to meet and connect in person for company paid lunches or working sessions
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401K program
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Monthly Wellness Allowance to assist team members to focus on their own physical and mental wellbeing and select wellness initiatives of their own choice
- Reward & recognition platform enabling peers to recognize and reward their peers for all the great work they do
- MyFitnessPal Premium
- Modern Virtual Learning and Development Library
- DEI Committee dedicated to ongoing efforts to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by setting actionable goals and evaluating progress
- Diversity training for employees
- A dynamic, motivating, and fun work environment
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.