MyFitnessPal is a part of Mogul's Top 100 Workplaces With The Best D&I Initiatives in 2022
At MyFitnessPal, our vision is to be the global catalyst for every “body” to achieve their healthy. We believe fitness starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your fitness goals.
We are looking for an IT Security Analyst to join the MyFitnessPal team. Our users rely on MyFitnessPal to power their health and fitness journeys every day. You will leverage your technical skills to secure the people, systems, and processes that drive the MyFitnessPal ecosystem. In addition to technical expertise, you’ll find that your teammates value collaboration, mentorship, and inclusive environments.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be responsible for investigating, monitoring, and maintaining technical IT Security controls for our 160-person and growing business. As a member of the IT Security team, you’ll work cross-functionally with IT, Engineering, and Product to strengthen and grow information security programs enterprise wide. This role is a good opportunity for junior security professionals looking to broaden their expertise and receive mentorship and training.
Reporting to the Director, Security & IT, you will validate and maintain programs for security policies, security awareness, and access controls. You will monitor our security posture, respond to vulnerabilities, and eradicate threats. Additionally, you will have opportunities to assist with the selection and implementation of security-related technology. This is a hands-on technical position, and you will have opportunities to work with vendors, research new technologies, and implement detection and response capabilities.
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Willingness to maintain security programs and drive improvements in process efficiency
- Experience with Security tools including: vulnerability scanners, endpoint protection (EDR), SIEM, and email protection
- Experience performing security alert triage, investigations, and incident response
- Experience with automating security processes is a plus (e.g., Python, SOAR, workflows)
- Good communication skills, enabling collaboration across cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with current and emerging threats, vulnerabilities, and attack vectors used to compromise enterprise infrastructure
- Familiarity with IT controls, including security concepts and terminology related to applications, operating systems, and IT operations
- Ability & desire to learn new product lines and technologies quickly & efficiently
- Experience writing documentation describing technical controls and procedures is a plus
- Education and/or certifications equivalent to BS in Computer Science or IS related field, GIAC (e.g., GCIH, GCFA), OSCP, Security+ or vendor-specific certifications are a plus
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
Full Time Employee Perks, Benefits, and Culture:
- Remote equal philosophy enabling you to work from any state in which we have operations in the continental U.S.
- Want to work in an office? We also have a physical office in Austin, TX
- Bi-annual, in-person company retreats to work, bond, and enjoy team-building activities
- Opportunities for team members to meet and connect in person for company paid lunches or working sessions
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401K program
- Supported path in parenthood with fertility benefits and paid maternity and parental leave
- Monthly Wellness Allowance to assist team members to focus on their own physical and mental wellbeing and select wellness initiatives of their own choice
- Reward & recognition platform enabling peers to recognize and reward their peers for all the great work they do
- MyFitnessPal Premium
- Modern Virtual Learning and Development Library
- DEI Committee dedicated to ongoing efforts to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by setting actionable goals and evaluating progress
- Diversity training for employees
- A dynamic, motivating, and fun work environment
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.