MyFitnessPal is a part of Mogul's Top 100 Workplaces With The Best D&I Initiatives in 2022
The MyFitnessPal Design Team cares deeply about creating an experience-first culture. Our goals are instrumental in shaping the future of health and fitness through the discovery and execution of elegant digital experiences for mobile and web products. We collaborate and work closely with other designers, copywriters, product managers, developers, marketers and project managers to envision, design and prototype new growth products, features and initiatives. We are passionate about identifying and connecting with our target users, and becoming their advocate to influence our products to meet their needs.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Senior Product Designer, you will lead projects from start to finish and help to provide stability and structure for your team, as well as mentor and guide the more junior members of the team. You will be expected to deliver on user experience design, visual interface design, and to contribute to the overall product strategy. Ideally, you’ll balance both user goals and business needs to create stories, architecture, flows, prototypes and wireframes across user interfaces that help people accomplish their goals while achieving memorable and beautiful experiences.
- Translate concepts into simple and elegant experiences that satisfy both business and user needs.
- Owns the delivery of innovative user experiences and market outcomes for new, innovative product ideas while refining existing features.
- Leads individual contributions and small team workstreams. May direct the work of a few junior team members.
- Create concept models, user interface sketches, experience diagrams, and detailed schematics.
- Design and test prototypes of products, features, and interactions based on customer feedback or market research to ensure MyFitnessPal is appealing to and meets customer’s needs.
- Following a design throughout the development process—from wireframes to the final deliverable—to ensure maximum usability.
- Socialize and present design solutions and rationale to the team and key stakeholders.
- Live our core values in all you do:
- Be Kind and Care
- Live Good Health
- Be Data-Inspired
- Champion Change
- Leave it Better than You Found It
- Make It Happen
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 5- 7 years of experience in digital product design.
- Degree or relevant experience in User Experience Design, Visual Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Fine Art, or a related discipline.
- Design with usability and effectiveness at the forefront to build quality features that make MyFitnessPal easy to learn and easy to use.
- Understands digital media, design trends, and relevant tools. Has established skills in issue tracking, agile practices, and software/solution delivery with attention and consideration of file etiquette in a shared environment. Understands the software development lifecycle. Independently writes user stories and issues, participates in agile practices, and contributes to the software delivery workflow.
- Experience in both app-based mobile design (iOS and Android) and web.
- Experience with Figma, Adobe CS, JIRA, Confluence, as well as prototyping, and expert at adapting to a variety of software.
- Confident presentation and storytelling skills.
- Excellence working within diverse, dynamic, cross-functional teams.
Note: To be considered, you must provide a link to an online portfolio (please include password).
At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
Full Time Employee Perks, Benefits, and Culture:
- Remote equal philosophy enabling you to work from any state in which we have operations in the continental U.S.
- Want to work in an office? We also have a physical office in Austin, TX
- Bi-annual, in-person company retreats to work, bond, and enjoy team-building activities
- Opportunities for team members to meet and connect in person for company paid lunches or working sessions
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401K program
- Supported path in parenthood with fertility benefits and paid maternity and parental leave
- Monthly Wellness Allowance to assist team members to focus on their own physical and mental wellbeing and select wellness initiatives of their own choice
- Reward & recognition platform enabling peers to recognize and reward their peers for all the great work they do
- MyFitnessPal Premium
- Modern Virtual Learning and Development Library
- DEI Committee dedicated to ongoing efforts to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by setting actionable goals and evaluating progress
- Diversity training for employees
- A dynamic, motivating, and fun work environment
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.