MyFitnessPal is a part of Mogul's Top 100 Workplaces With The Best D&I Initiatives in 2022
At MyFitnessPal, our vision is to be the global catalyst for every “body” to achieve their healthy. We believe fitness starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your fitness goals.
The Lead Business Systems Analyst - Growth Data Operations is responsible for partnering with subject matter experts in marketing, product management, business intelligence, data engineering and quality assurance to lead the delivery of data solutions that improve the productivity and efficiency of MyFitnessPal as an organization. As the Lead Business Systems Analyst, you'll develop a deep expertise in MyFitnessPal’s business operations, becoming the resident Subject Matter Expert (SME) on marketing technology applications and related data pipelines. To excel in this role you have a natural curiosity about data, and enjoy collaborating with engineers and business leaders both to dive deep into problems and identify the root cause - whether it be a technical issue or a business process gap - and you’ll enjoy working with your peers to identify, design and implement a solution. You are an excellent verbal and written communicator, and enjoy leading the charge to make sure stakeholders throughout the business understand the processes, data and technology available to manage and measure the performance of MFP’s marketing campaigns and products.
You connect the dots between marketing, business intelligence, product, engineering and data teams to plan, design and build optimal solutions for our go-to-market systems and applications. Your exceptional analytical, communication, and problem solving skills allow you to excel at interacting with all levels or organizations, including Executive Management.
To be successful in this role you should have familiarity with CRM software, email marketing, data-driven market segmentation and personalization, reporting and data analysis. The right candidate will be adept at adopting new data technologies, and be passionate about continuously improving the excellence of MyFitnessPal’s business and data. This role requires an understanding of data engineering, data science, business intelligence, marketing data, project management, and product management. You will interact frequently with management in this role and must become a trusted thought partner to their teams.
This position is part of a fully remote team that operates during United States business hours.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partnering closely with business partners in marketing and product management to define technology and data requirements, and ensure that technology solutions deliver best-in-class results and efficient business processes.
- Lead Marketing technology and data pipelines portfolio end-to-end: approving business requirements, designing functional solutions and prototypes, testing, & training plans.
- Ensure projects are completed with agreed upon scope, on time, within budget. Lead daily standups with technical leads to ensure technical tasks are aligned with business needs.
- Create process diagrams, RACI charts, As-Is/To-Be analyses, and detailed specifications documents to improve business processes and document solutions
- Leads the processes related to evaluation, design, implementation and functional support of the systems and data used to grow MFP’s market share and revenue, including Amplitude, Segment, Branch, Braze, Split.io, and similar.
- Manage, document and report on system quality and standards in order to meet compliance and business objectives
- Partner with business unit executives to identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency through use of data and technology solutions
- Define and maintain business systems roadmap to ensure long-term alignment with business processes
- Live our core values in all you do:
- Be Kind and Care
- Live Good Health
- Be Data-Inspired
- Champion Change
- Leave it Better than You Found It
- Make It Happen
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Strong understanding of API integrations and common patterns for data aggregation
- Experience in Agile methodology
- Experience with financial reporting on a free-mium revenue model at a high-growth app company is a plus.
- Understand basic concepts of mobile marketing attribution reporting, digital marketing, product analytics, and demand generation
- Strong customer service mindset
- Demonstrated ability to work with partners of diverse backgrounds both in and outside of the organization
- Experience working with the data, applications and pipelines used for email marketing, social media advertising, and mobile marketing attribution.
- Familiarity with common consumer app marketing technologies preferred (i.e. Segment, Amplitude, Branch, Facebook Ads, Google Search Ads, Apple/Google App store, Apple Search Ads, Appflyer, Split.io, Braze, Tableau, Snowflake).
- Passion for operational excellence and data quality
- At least 7+ years experience as a business analyst, product owner, or project manager in an enterprise systems, data management, or analytics team
- 5+ years of experience using SQL, Python, or similar query language to analyze data, produce reports, and troubleshoot issues
- Strong experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio) and/or Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides), Lucidchart, Jira, Tableau
- 4+ years experience leading project teams or managing business analysts
- Able to quickly adopt and become a technical expert on SaaS platforms
- Knowledge of best practices in data analysis and test methodologies for implementation and ongoing management of software products and data.
- Adept at leading group discussions to get to a decision. Comfortable giving presentations on technical content to technical staff and non-technical staff.
- Experience leading vendor selection and managing vendor relationships
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
Full Time Employee Perks & Benefits:
- Remote equal philosophy enabling you to work from any state in which we have operations in the continental U.S.
- Want to work in an office? We also have a physical office in Austin, TX
- Bi-annual, in-person company retreats to work, bond, and enjoy team-building activities
- Opportunities for team members to meet and connect in person for company paid lunches or working sessions
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401K program
- Supported path in parenthood with fertility benefits and paid maternity and parental leave
- Monthly Wellness Allowance to assist team members to focus on their own physical and mental wellbeing and select wellness initiatives of their own choice
- Reward & recognition platform enabling peers to recognize and reward their peers for all the great work they do
- MyFitnessPal Premium
- A dynamic, motivating, and fun work environment
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.