MyFitnessPal is a part of Mogul's Top 100 Workplaces With The Best D&I Initiatives in 2022
At MyFitnessPal, our vision is to be the global catalyst for every “body” to achieve their healthy. We believe fitness starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your fitness goals.
As the Vice President of Corporate Development, you will be responsible for developing a corporate development strategy in support of the overall company; plus identify, source and close partnerships and acquisitions that can accelerate the rapid global growth of the company and its digital product suite. You’ll work closely with people across our cross-functional teams to understand our business and its strategic imperatives, as well as for diligence on and development/execution of potential partnerships. Your work will serve the complex needs of our dynamic business which spans consumer subscription and advertising, and across a number of digital channels (mobile app, Web, API, data).
We are looking for a candidate who is capable of building and leading a new function within a lean, agile environment. This role reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and socialize a corporate development strategy, goals and an evaluation framework in support of MyFitnessPal’s strategic and growth priorities
- Perform regular market, financial and strategic analyses on competitors, markets, potential partners and potential M&A targets
- Lead outreach to prospects, plus any needed diligence & negotiation activities, working with cross-functional teams
- Establish and cultivate strategic partner relationships
- Collaborate with internal project teams on execution of partner projects
- Track opportunities and report progress to senior executives
- Live our core values in all you do:
- Be Kind and Care
- Live Good Health
- Be Data-Inspired
- Champion Change
- Leave it Better than You Found It
- Make It Happen
This position is an exciting opportunity for candidates who seek a mission-driven organization, plus ownership of the strategy, details and execution of the corporate development function in a fast-paced, digital environment. We are a remote equal organization and this role can be based in any state in the continental U.S. If you prefer visiting an office, we have a physical office in Austin, TX. Some travel is required.
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 7+ years of experience in corporate development managing end-to-end mergers & acquisitions cycle, plus strategic relationships
- Proven track record identifying, leading, managing and closing transactions
- Experience and network in one or more of the following categories: mobile, healthcare, fitness and wellness, consumer tech
- Experience in global deals and partnerships; Europe, Asia, and emerging markets are focus areas
- Intellectual curiosity & excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written, oral communication & presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully across functions
- Organized, can operate effectively and efficiently, and can own the role with little direction or oversight
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
Full Time Employee Perks & Benefits:
- Remote equal philosophy enabling you to work from any state in which we have operations in the continental U.S.
- Want to work in an office? We also have a physical office in Austin, TX
- Bi-annual, in-person company retreats to work, bond, and enjoy team-building activities
- Opportunities for team members to meet and connect in person for company paid lunches or working sessions
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401K program
- Supported path in parenthood with fertility benefits and paid maternity and parental leave
- Monthly Wellness Allowance to assist team members to focus on their own physical and mental wellbeing and select wellness initiatives of their own choice
- Reward & recognition platform enabling peers to recognize and reward their peers for all the great work they do
- MyFitnessPal Premium
- A dynamic, motivating, and fun work environment
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.