MyFitnessPal is a part of Mogul's Top 100 Workplaces With The Best D&I Initiatives in 2022
We are looking for a Senior Staff iOS Engineer to join the MyFitnessPal engineering team. Our users rely on the MyFitnessPal iOS app to power their health and fitness journeys every day. As a member of our MyFitnessPal Engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity to positively impact those users with your expertise in the iOS development ecosystem. In addition to technical expertise, you’ll find that your teammates value collaboration, mentorship, and inclusive environments.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with our creative design and user interface team to implement native mobile interfaces according to the iOS Human Interface Guidelines.
- Continually improve the user experience by analyzing and optimizing UI, data storage, and network communications.
- Drive feature development across teams and platforms.
- Take ownership of the technical direction of the iOS app.
- Take ownership of the stability and performance of the iOS app.
- Research and implement high-quality technical solutions to attain business goals that will benefit our continually growing user base.
- Provide thought leadership on industry best practices around design, testing, security, and deployment.
- Help drive the technical direction of the engineering team.
- Coach team members to increase the success of the team as a whole.
- Work closely with product teams to define and refine feature specifications.
- Turn big ideas into simple, elegant solutions.
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience or relevant work experience.
- Mastery of Objective-C and Swift
- Mastery of iOS app building frameworks (UIKit, Foundation, etc)
- Extensive experience writing documentation and technical specifications
- Extensive experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Experience evaluating technical debt and prioritizing against business requirements
- Comfort working with and designing RESTful APIs with other teams
- Substantial experience with Git in a team environment
- Experience working with a relational database
- Past usage of at least one package manager
- Experience setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipeline
- Experience migrating a large legacy codebase to modern standards
- Experience building android apps
- Experience using a backend framework
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
Full Time Employee Perks & Benefits:
- Remote equal philosophy enabling you to work from any state in which we have operations in the continental U.S.
- Want to work in an office? We also have a physical office in Austin, TX
- Bi-annual, in-person company retreats to work, bond, and enjoy team-building activities
- Opportunities for team members to meet and connect in person for company paid lunches or working sessions
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401K program
- Supported path in parenthood with fertility benefits and paid maternity and parental leave
- Monthly Wellness Allowance to assist team members to focus on their own physical and mental wellbeing and select wellness initiatives of their own choice
- Reward & recognition platform enabling peers to recognize and reward their peers for all the great work they do
- MyFitnessPal Premium
- A dynamic, motivating, and fun work environment
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.