MyFitnessPal is a part of Mogul's Top 100 Workplaces With The Best D&I Initiatives in 2021
At MyFitnessPal, our vision is to be the global catalyst for every “body” to achieve their healthy. We believe fitness starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your fitness goals.
The Corporate and Business Development Team works to generate, close and manage strategic and additive partnerships and M&A activities aimed at (i) inorganic growth of the MyFitnessPal business; (ii) acceleration of product development; (iii) amplification of the brand; and (iv) differentiation of the company’s revenue streams.
As the Director of Business and Corporate Development, you will be responsible for identifying, sourcing and closing material and significant partnerships and acquisitions that can accelerate the rapid global growth of the company and its digital product suite.
The Corporate and Business Development Team is small and values authentic, strong-willed individuals who think creatively and proactively. We are looking for a candidate who is willing to take on new challenges and responsibilities in a lean, agile, and quickly evolving function, where you can embrace and solve for ambiguities. You will be a key part of MyFitnessPal’s Corporate and Business Development function and highly visible at the most senior levels of MyFitnessPal.
You will report to the General Counsel and Head of Corporate and Business Development.
What you’ll be doing:
- You are an innovative and strategic thinker who is passionate about MyFitnessPal and its mission to be the global catalyst for every body to achieve their healthy
- You are a critical thinker who enjoys solving complex problems and can work effectively cross functionally with teams such as Product, Engineering, Marketing, Design, Finance, and Legal
- You possess an ability to close transactions at velocity
- You thrive in a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving and are a multi-tool player ready to grow vertically and horizontally in an agile growth company
- You can readily navigate and manage relationships that may be unconventional in nature, need a centralized advocate, and have broad implications across MyFitnessPal
- You are organized and always prepared, operate effectively and efficiently, and can quickly and adeptly own the role with little direction or oversight
The ideal candidate will research and generate ideas, prioritize objectives, and plan internal activity, drive due diligence and valuation analysis, partner with the General Counsel on term sheet and contract negotiations, create and present strategic documents and recommendations, and support integration by partnering with key stakeholders across MyFitnessPal to help define a GTM strategy. More specifically:
- Research and synthesize market data to identify and evaluate new business/investment/partnership opportunities that support MyFitnessPal’s strategic growth priorities
- Perform financial and strategic analysis on competitors and markets
- Monitor and track acquisition targets, including creating company profiles and assessments
- Build detailed financial and operational models in support of new business, strategic partnerships, and M&A activity
- Partner with the General Counsel and Head of Corporate and Business Development to lead pre-transaction negotiation and diligence efforts, evaluate value creation opportunities and risks in potential transactions, and close strategic transactions and initiatives
- Develop and maintain partner relationships over deal lifecycle
- Coordinate with internal teams to ensure cross functional alignment and develop mutually beneficial initiatives
- Live our core values in all you do:
- Be Kind and Care
- Live Good Health
- Be Data-Inspired
- Champion Change
- Leave it Better than You Found It
- Make It Happen
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 5-10 plus years of experience in corporate and business development, strategic partnerships, private equity, venture capital, or management consulting in the technology space.
- Experience in sourcing deals globally; Europe, Asia, and emerging markets are focus areas
- Excellent and compelling written and oral communication skills, including being able to confidently present to prospective partners, senior executives and the Board of Directors
- Impeccable attention to detail in all aspects of work product, keen intellectual curiosity, and strong creative and analytical thinking skills
- Experience and demonstrated aptitude for managing and prioritizing multiple internal stakeholders and projects with limited resources
- Ability to build and maintain a network of external relationships in the digital health, fitness and wellness industries and related spaces (e.g., healthcare, pharma, etc.) to facilitate deal flow
- Demonstrated leadership ability with proven track record of managing transactions
- Demonstrated commitment to seeking and supporting diverse perspectives and backgrounds in the workplace
- Ability to understand organization goals and proactively identify inorganic opportunities to meet them
- Ability to identify key risks and competitive landscapes, and present unbiasedly to senior executives
- Ability to interact with senior executives and handle high pressure settings with confidence
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude with capacity for learning quickly in a very intensive and fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
- Extensive network in digital health, fitness and wellness, or healthcare, preferred
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA highly preferred
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
Full Time Employee Perks & Benefits:
- Remote equal philosophy enabling you to work from any state in which we have operations in the continental U.S.
- Want to work in an office? We also have a physical office in Austin, TX
- Bi-annual, in-person company retreats to work, bond, and enjoy team-building activities
- Opportunities for team members to meet and connect in person for company paid lunches or working sessions
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401K program
- Supported path in parenthood with fertility benefits and paid maternity and parental leave
- Monthly Wellness Allowance to assist team members to focus on their own physical and mental wellbeing and select wellness initiatives of their own choice
- MyFitnessPal Premium
- A dynamic, motivating, and fun work environment
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.