MyFitnessPal is a part of Mogul's Top 100 Workplaces With The Best D&I Initiatives in 2021
At MyFitnessPal, our vision is to be the global catalyst for every “body” to achieve their healthy. We believe fitness starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your fitness goals.
We are looking for a Principal Mobile Engineer to join the MyFitnessPal Engineering team. Our users rely on the MyFitnessPal apps to power their health and fitness journeys every day. As a member of our MyFitnessPal Engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity to positively impact those users with your expertise in the iOS and Android development ecosystems. In addition to technical expertise, you’ll find that your teammates value collaboration, mentorship, and inclusive environments.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide thought leadership on industry best practices around design, testing, security, and deployment
- Help drive the technical direction of the engineering team
- Work closely with the leadership team to define and refine company direction
- Research and guide high-quality technical solutions to attain business goals that will benefit our continually growing user base
- Help apply successful standards and techniques across teams
- Continually improve the user experience by analyzing and optimizing UI, data storage, and network communications
- Coach team members to increase the success of the company as a whole
- Turn big ideas into simple, elegant solutions
- Live our core values in all you do:
- Be Kind and Care
- Live Good Health
- Be Data-Inspired
- Champion Change
- Leave it Better than You Found It
- Make It Happen
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience or relevant work experience
- Mastery of Objective-C, Swift, Java, or Kotlin
- Mastery writing documentation and technical specifications
- Mastery writing unit tests and testable code
- Extensive experience evaluating technical debt and prioritizing against business requirements
- Extensive experience working with and designing RESTful APIs with other teams
- Substantial experience with Git in a team environment
- Experience working with a relational database
- Past usage of multiple package managers for iOS and Android
- Experience setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipeline
- Experience migrating a large legacy codebase to modern standards
- Experience using a backend framework
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
Full Time Employee Perks & Benefits:
- Remote equal philosophy enabling you to work from any state in which we have operations in the continental U.S.
- Want to work in an office? We also have a physical office in Austin, TX
- Bi-annual, in-person company retreats to work, bond, and enjoy team-building activities
- Opportunities for team members to meet and connect in person for company paid lunches or working sessions
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401K program
- Supported path in parenthood with fertility benefits and paid maternity and parental leave
- Monthly Wellness Allowance to assist team members to focus on their own physical and mental wellbeing and select wellness initiatives of their own choice
- MyFitnessPal Premium
- A dynamic, motivating, and fun work environment
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.