MyFitnessPal is a part of Mogul's Top 100 Workplaces With The Best D&I Initiatives in 2021
At MyFitnessPal, our vision is to be the global catalyst for every “body” to achieve their healthy. We believe fitness starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your fitness goals.
MyFitnessPal is seeking an IT Project Engineer to join the MyFitnessPal team. As a member of the MyFitnessPal team, you'll have the opportunity to impact the organization through identifying, implementing, and enhancing the IT technologies that enable our teammates. In addition to your technical expertise, you’ll find that your teammates value collaboration, mentorship, and an inclusive environment.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be responsible for multiple projects and enhancements to IT technologies and processes and will leverage your skills in automation and process development. You will be the technical lead for IT procurement projects, from working cross functionally with IT Security and Platform engineering to gathering technical requirements all the way through implementation and maintenance. In addition, you will work in the Atlassian tool-suite to document IT processes and automate those processes using SaaS-based automation frameworks. You will also identify success, failure, and best practices by developing metrics that help us assess the effectiveness of our IT programs. You will often work with IT Security to implement solutions under the direction of the IT Service Delivery Manager. As a member of the IT team, you will also have the opportunity to support teammates from across the business. You will use your technical expertise to make our Employee Experience amazing!
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Education and/or certifications equivalent to BS in computer science, information technology, MIS, or related fields, including vendor-specific certifications
- Experience automating routine IT tasks using REST APIs (required)
- Experience using scripting or automation tooling to maintain IT infrastructure (required)
- Experience engineering IT processes, measuring efficiency with metrics, and maintaining those processes
- Process engineering and efficiency are desired
- Vendor management experience, leading procurement and implementation of projects
- Experience with AWS and/or Google Cloud Platform is a plus, not required
- Experience with Jira Service Management is a plus, not required
- Willing to take ownership and responsibility for your work
- Willingness to take charge and work independently, at times without supervision
- Humble, hungry, and smart. A great listener!
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
Full Time Employee Perks & Benefits:
- Remote equal philosophy enabling you to work from any state in which we have operations in the continental U.S.
- Want to work in an office? We also have a physical office in Austin, TX
- Bi-annual, in-person company retreats to work, bond, and enjoy team-building activities
- Opportunities for team members to meet and connect in person for company paid lunches or working sessions
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401K program
- Supported path in parenthood with fertility benefits and paid maternity and parental leave
- Monthly Wellness Allowance to assist team members to focus on their own physical and mental wellbeing and select wellness initiatives of their own choice
- MyFitnessPal Premium
- A dynamic, motivating, and fun work environment
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.