MyFitnessPal is a part of Mogul's Top 100 Workplaces With The Best D&I Initiatives in 2021
Love Health & Wellness? Love improving the lives of people everyday? Want to help build and scale a business?
At MyFitnessPal, we believe health starts with what you eat. We provide tools, resources and support to enable users to reach their health goals. The Marketing team at MyFitnessPal collaborates with all business units to help drive our business forward and help our users achieve their goals.
We are seeking a Director of Brand Marketing to refine our brand position, evangelize our brand across touchpoints, and develop engaging, high-impact campaigns that increase awareness of MyFitnessPal to grow our incredible customer base. This person will be responsible for setting the strategy and will ultimately help build the team that will own growing awareness. The ideal candidate is a brand builder, creative innovator, compelling storyteller, and also a data-orientated marketer, who is equally comfortable getting market data to help set priorities as they are giving feedback on creative strategies and partnership opportunities. They should have proven experience defining brand position, as well as delivering innovative messaging and multi-channel campaign strategies that drive awareness, growth, and increase brand loyalty.
What you’ll be doing:
- Revisit and refine our brand positioning, tagline, brand attributes, and visual core, driving this mission critical effort in partnership with creative and executive teams.
- Raise the bar for how our brand is communicated across touchpoints, in close partnership with Product
- Design teams, in order to build stronger associations and loyalty to our brand.
- Develop and drive strategic marketing programs from inception to launch.
- Own and optimize the overall GTM calendar in close coordination with Editorial/Creative, and Product teams, including marketing plans for product updates.
- Work with our analytics team to understand the impact of campaigns on conversion and lifetime value.
- Own budget setting, planning inputs, attribution, and measurement strategy for brand awareness programs.
- Dream big and bring big ideas to the table.
- Coach, develop, and manage Social Media Manager and Content (Editorial) Marketing Lead.
- Longer term, you will guide customer and market insight research, leveraging deep understanding of our audience and brand positioning to drive effective messaging and creative strategies.
- This role reports to the CMO.
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 7-10 years of experience in brand management on brand and/or agency side; management experience a plus.
- Brand-first champion and creative, who continually pushes brand thinking and rallies a team around a common vision
- Passion for creative storytelling, consumer behavior, emerging trends in social marketing
- Balanced left- and right-brain marketer, with exceptional problem solving and analytical skills and proven ability to turn findings into executable, strategic plans
- Creative thinker with a keen eye for detail, display comfort working in cross functional settings both as a leader and a player, have an ability to think outside of the box to find creative and unorthodox solutions that give the brand its edge.
- Results-oriented with an exceptional track record of developing holistic marketing strategies and plans that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives
- Ideally, you have experience in both brand marketing, product marketing and consumer insights.
- Convey a can-do, positive attitude towards tackling problems and are able to see other points of view, while maintaining a practical direction. Willing to roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary to get the job done.
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
Perks & Benefits:
- Remote equal philosophy enabling you to work from any state in which we have operations in the continental U.S.
- Want to work in an office? We also have a physical office in Austin, TX
- Bi-annual, in-person company retreats to work, bond, and enjoy team-building activities
- Opportunities for team members to meet and connect in person for company paid lunches or working sessions
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401K program
- Supported path in parenthood with fertility benefits and paid maternity and parental leave
- Monthly Wellness Allowance to assist team members to focus on their own physical and mental wellbeing and select wellness initiatives of their own choice
- MyFitnessPal Premium
- A dynamic, motivating, and fun work environment
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.