MyFitnessPal is a part of Mogul's Top 100 Workplaces With The Best D&I Initiatives in 2021
About the team:
At MyFitnessPal, we believe that living a healthy lifestyle is the new normal and should be attainable for everyone. The MyFitnessPal Android Team works in an environment in which we can all learn and grow together. We consistently deliver impactful features to our 13m+ users while collaborating on continuously modernizing the MyFitnessPal Android app codebase.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist in the technical direction of the MyFitnessPal Android app
- Continuously ensure the vitals of the app exceed customer expectations
- Empower & coach others on and outside the team to perform at their best
- Work on high impact features that bring value to our 13m+ users
- Use A/B testing to quickly iterate on user experiences
- Continuously modernize the MyFitnessPal Android app codebase while delivering on the product roadmap
- Improve code quality through unit testing with increased code coverage
- Work closely with product teams to define and refine feature specifications.
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in building, testing, releasing, and maintaining Android applications in Java or Kotlin
- Experience with Jetpack Libraries
- Advocate of clean code, good architecture, and great testing practices
- Holistic view of the product with experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience setting up and maintaining CI/CD infrastructure with the goal of continuously delivering value to our customers as often and safely as possible
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Eager to learn and teach through collaboration
- Substantial experience with Git in a team environment
- Experience working with a relational database
- Comfort working with RESTful APIs
- Experience migrating a large legacy codebase to modern standards
- Experience with Jetpack Compose
- Experience with Dagger and Hilt
- Experience with Kotlin Coroutines
- Experience with MVVM or MVI
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
Perks & Benefits:
- Remote equal philosophy enabling you to work from any state in which we have operations in the continental U.S. (currently, not including AK, AL, HI, LA, OH, WA)
- Want to work in an office? We also have a physical office in Austin, TX
- Bi-annual, in-person company retreats to work, bond, and enjoy team-building activities
- Opportunities for team members to meet and connect in person for company paid lunches or working sessions
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401K match
- Supported path in parenthood with fertility benefits and paid maternity and parental leave
- Monthly Wellness Allowance to assist team members to focus on their own physical and mental wellbeing and select wellness initiatives of their own choice
- MyFitnessPal Premium
- A dynamic, motivating, and fun work environment
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.