MyFitnessPal is a part of Mogul's Top 100 Workplaces With The Best D&I Initiatives in 2021
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the MyFitnessPal Platform Engineering team. Our users rely on MyFitnessPal to power their health and fitness journeys every day. As a member of the MyFitnessPal Platform Engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity to positively impact those users with your expertise in the reliability tooling and processes that drive operation and delivery of the MyFitnessPal ecosystem. In addition to technical expertise, you’ll find that your teammates value collaboration, mentorship, and inclusive environments.
What you’ll be doing
- As a Software Engineer on the Platform Engineering team, you will build and maintain an efficient, resilient, and secure production cloud and container-based infrastructure that is critical for providing the best user experiences.
- You will collaborate with your immediate teammates and other engineering teams to identify and implement requirements for building an amazing developer experience that allows quick, autonomous, and secure delivery of production changes.
- Additionally, you will support SLO/SLI onboarding and tracking, as well as resolution of production issues across the entire MyFitnessPal stack, including post-mortems.
Qualifications to be successful in this role
- We are looking for someone with real-world experience supporting resilient, scalable systems and troubleshooting full-stack systems.
- You should have experience with Linux or Unix-based infrastructure in a cloud environment such as AWS or similar including EC2 compute, IAM and security policy management, data stores (e.g. MySQL,Redis,DynamoDB), and VPC networking.
- AWS or equivalent cloud certifications are a plus.
- Experience with the SRE mindset and methodologies, and great communication and collaboration skills are a plus.
- Experience with Docker and the Kubernetes ecosystem is a plus. Experience with automated configuration management frameworks like Terraform is a plus.
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
Perks & Benefits:
- Remote equal philosophy enabling you to work from any state in which we have operations in the continental U.S. (currently, not including AK, AL, HI, LA, OH, WA)
- Want to work in an office? We also have a physical office in Austin, TX
- Bi-annual, in-person company retreats to work, bond, and enjoy team-building activities
- Opportunities for team members to meet and connect in person for company paid lunches or working sessions
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401K match
- Supported path in parenthood with fertility benefits and paid maternity and parental leave
- Monthly Wellness Allowance to assist team members to focus on their own physical and mental wellbeing and select wellness initiatives of their own choice
- MyFitnessPal Premium
- A dynamic, motivating, and fun work environment
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.