At MyFitnessPal, we believe health starts with what you eat. We provide tools, resources and support to enable users to reach their health goals. The Marketing team at MyFitnessPal collaborates with all business units to help drive our business forward and help our users achieve their goals.
As we foster a new Remote Equal work environment, our Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) is responsible for bringing MyFitnessPal’s mission and vision to the market, which includes driving a cohesive, data-focused strategy to drive growth. You will oversee MyFitnessPal’s brand strategy, paid advertising, social marketing, email marketing & CRM, product marketing, media relations, market research and communications functions. You will also bring excellent business acumen and perspective, and an ability to identify opportunities, diagnose problems, pull the correct levers to drive growth and then identify what's working to expedite growth in impactful ways.
As the CMO, you will need to combine strategic-thinking with creativity to execute on high-impact, high-leverage, innovative assets and programs. In addition to being a marketing innovator, you must excel in building engaged and flourishing teams of people and motivating these teams towards a clear vision and goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- As a member of the senior leadership team of the company, defining and delivering strategy
- Driving all marketing functions for the company while partnering closely with customer happiness, design, business intelligence, product, engineering, legal and finance teams
- Reimagining and re-articulating the brand for our customers and partners
- Collecting, understanding, and summarizing marketing data and trends to learn more about our end consumer and our market share to help us plan strategically
- Implementing new marketing strategies and campaigns to accelerate growth worldwide
- Evaluating the ROI of current channels and ensuring they are yielding results and driving revenue
- Discovering and optimizing data-driven insights to expand growth
- Managing the P&L for marketing
- Managing the long term (3+ years) and short term growth needs for the business with a clear vision and path to success
- Partnering with key stakeholders to ensure all strategy aligns with company-wide business goals
- Bringing a helpful and valuable perspective plus guidance to motivate and empower the people on the marketing and other teams to do their jobs well together
- Recruiting, motivating, managing, developing, and guiding a best in class team
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 5-7+ Years Growth Innovator – You’ve experienced start-up like growth rates and learned every lesson the hard way pioneering growth in a company to $250MM - $500MM+, boosting LTV and driving down CAC (alternatively, you may have been 2nd in command, learning everything along the way, you have the blueprint, and this is your breakthrough opportunity to truly drive everything)
- Front-end Paid Acquisition Expert – You’re a master at scaling paid media to deliver efficient ROAS and CAC, know how to build and manage teams, and can deftly guide us through current agency usage to building out an internal team when the time is right
- Conversion Optimization Expert – You excel at conversion rate optimization, with deep experience in running experiments with value props and messaging, design, UX and technical optimizations to drive up conversion rates and improve ROAS and CAC
- Back-end Monetization Expert – You know how to increase customer LTV with upselling and cross-selling, but also by maximizing retention with activation, engagement and creating true lifetime relationships with customers via CRM
- Proven Track Record – In a past role, you’ve delivered measurable growth accomplishments for acquisition, conversion and monetization that your references will validate
- Multi-Channel Acquisition – In-depth, practical, hands-on experience from everything from paid acquisition to organic, to social, to online and offline channels
- Hands-on Skills and Desire – Not just comfortable but energized with the opportunity to both be extremely hands-on as well as building out your team as we scale
- Humble Team Leader – Knows how to recruit, train, manage, and build a world-class team in a player/coach mentality with an authentic, humble mindset
- Driven to Excellence – You’ve got an ownership mentality with an innate inner drive to excellence that other people who aren’t built that way find disturbingly intense :-)
- Exceptional Communication Skills – Ability to listen intensely, quickly synthesize disparate elements and formulate an action plan that can be clearly articulated to others
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.