The VP, Product will be responsible for evolving MyFitnessPal's current product to meet the needs of our customers and partners, and increase our go-to-market product velocity. You'll collaboratively set the direction of, and manage, a validated product plan strategy and delivery for MyFitnessPal's business. As VP, Product, you will work closely with people across our cross-functional teams to ensure product milestones, customer satisfaction (both internal and external), and financial goals are met. Your work will serve the complex needs of a very diverse audience, across a number of digital channels (mobile app, Web, API) and spanning both subscription and advertising.
The position requires a unique combination of start-up-like resourcefulness, top-flight commercial expertise and seasoned product experience to elevate and guide product strategy at MyFitnessPal.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with the MFP CEO to define and articulate MyFitnessPal’s product vision and strategy
- Own and drive MyFitnessPal's Product life cycle including pilot launches and building cross functional partnerships to establish a roadmap that aligns with business growth, customer needs and overall technology strategy
- Develop deep expertise of MyFitnessPal's products and platform and drive the product strategy aligning it with customer needs, market opportunity and product team roadmaps
- Use deep analysis of user needs to develop creative strategies, evolve the product and align the technology organization to those strategies
- Collaborate across teams to effectively communicate product strategic plans to internal stakeholders, manage feedback and adjust priorities appropriately. Specifically, you'll work closely with the CEO, design, marketing, analytics, finance, legal and technology teams to ensure product, business and technology strategies are aligned
- Monitor the evolving market landscape and make strategic recommendations to drive innovation and business impact
- Develop and implement best practices/processes for product management
- Develop staff with a focus on increasing the team's product management skills
This position is an exciting opportunity for candidates who like the opportunity to make a big impact on a business, as well as possess mastery of the strategy, details and ROI of products. The role can be based remote in the continental U.S., and/or in Austin, TX. Some travel may be required.
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Up to 10+ years of experience in software Product Management, preferably in a consumer, subscription business
- Demonstrated success with managing multiple product life cycles or projects
- Demonstrated success growing KPIs
- Experience interpreting market trends, customer needs and workflows, and various delivery models
- Experience pioneering product plans and aligning business strategy and go-to-market and technology delivery
- Proven skill with customer discovery, design and user experience
- Proven change agent and a strong strategic thinker
- Experience in driving and achieving operational excellence and delivering results, and measuring efforts against goals
- Ability to work effectively as an organizer and influencer across multiple functional units
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, resolving multiple priorities and meeting project deadlines
- Experience communicating vision, operating budgets, product roadmaps, and market analysis to Board, CEO, CFO, CTO and CMO
- Excellent leadership skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
Perks & Benefits:
- Remote equal philosophy enabling you to work from any state in which we have operations in the continental U.S. (currently, not including AK, AL, HI, LA, OH, WA)
- Want to work in an office? We also have a physical office in Austin, TX
- Bi-annual, in-person company retreats to work, bond, and enjoy team-building activities
- Opportunities for team members to meet and connect in person for company paid lunches or working sessions
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401K match
- Supported path in parenthood with fertility benefits and paid maternity and parental leave
- Monthly Wellness Allowance to assist team members to focus on their own physical and mental wellbeing and select wellness initiatives of their own choice
- MyFitnessPal Premium
- A dynamic, motivating, and fun work environment
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.