At MyFitnessPal, we believe fitness starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your fitness goals. The Senior Financial Analyst will help identify opportunities to improve financial costs and processes. You’ll work closely with and report directly to the VP of FP&A.
What you’ll be doing:
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Run the quarterly forecast, Annual Operating Plan, and 3YP processes; this includes partnering closely with budget owners to build and maintain the bottoms-up/supporting detail for Revenue, COGS, SG&A, CapEx, and test assumptions
- Collaborate closely with the HR team to manage headcount projections, expenses, and employee benefit costs
Maintain Cash Flow forecast model
Month End & Reporting
- Assist in the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes, ensuring transactions are in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform variance analysis of actual versus budget/forecast and reconciliation of internal accounts to evaluate decisions.
- Create reporting and analysis of monthly/quarterly/annual results and provide a summary package to all department heads.
- Support the VP of FP&A by driving the monthly Financial Review Process – review results, variances, and full-year forecasts with functional leaders and budget owners
- Support creation of materials for various management reviews and meetings
- Develop business cases and complete ROI analysis for proposed projects
- Prepare and maintain various complex financial models to support strategic initiative decision-making
- Provide Adhoc analytical and strategic support to the VP of FP&A and other business leaders
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- BA/BS required; Masters/MBA/CPA a plus
- 3-6 years of progressive experience in FP&A, Business Analysis, or Corporate Accounting (Consumer Applications or SaaS analysis/reporting role strongly preferred)
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, and Financial Modeling experience required; experience with Tableau desired
- Strong analytical background with the ability to analyze and consolidate financial results for reporting to C-Suite and Department heads
- Should be a self-starter, able to demonstrate sound judgment and versatility in decision-making and problem-solving.
EPM, Hyperion, SAP IBPf, or Anaplan experience preferred
- Experience using corporate financial accounting systems; Hyperion, SAP BPC/IBPf, Anaplan, Adaptive Insights, or other EPM experience preferred
- Excellent team player with the ability to communicate effectively, build relationships, and collaborate cross-functionally.
- The ability to balance high-level thinking with detail-oriented execution is highly desirable
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.