MyFitnessPal is a part of Mogul's Top 100 Workplaces With The Best D&I Initiatives in 2021
We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced data scientist to join the Data Science team. This team embeds artificial intelligence and machine learning into our product portfolio and business to create coaching solutions and personalized experiences to help our users achieve success on their fitness journeys. We encourage creative solutions and strive to maintain rigorous scientific and engineering standards. You'll be a part of a collaborative team that partners with various stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive cross-functional data science projects from beginning to end: work closely with product managers and business stakeholders to formulate and build machine learning products
- Mentor and support junior data scientists
- Identify tools and techniques for efficiency and optimization
- Provide insights to the executive team on impact of strategic initiatives on key metrics and help them track progress towards goals
- Coach and mentor others on best practices for data-driven decision-making
- Present your research and insights to all levels of the company, clearly and concisely
- Evangelize the integration of data science throughout the company's business and application
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- BS, MS, or PhD in an appropriate technology field (Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, etc.)
- 5+ years of industry experience with data science
- Experience with building and deploying services at scale
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Natural Language Processing, pattern recognition, recommendation systems, targeting systems, ranking systems.
- Experience implementing predictive and prescriptive models in production systems
- In-depth knowledge of Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning with demonstrated professional experience
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data, and ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise
- Resourceful, flexible, and adaptable team player
- Ability to work cross functionally and influence others
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
Perks & Benefits:
- Remote equal philosophy enabling you to work from any state in which we have operations in the continental U.S. (currently, not including AK, AL, HI, LA, OH, WA)
- Want to work in an office? We also have a physical office in Austin, TX
- Bi-annual, in-person company retreats to work, bond, and enjoy team-building activities
- Opportunities for team members to meet and connect in person for company paid lunches or working sessions
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401K match
- Supported path in parenthood with fertility benefits and paid maternity and parental leave
- Monthly Wellness Allowance to assist team members to focus on their own physical and mental wellbeing and select wellness initiatives of their own choice
- MyFitnessPal Premium
- A dynamic, motivating, and fun work environment
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.