At MyFitnessPal, we believe fitness starts with what you eat. We change lives by providing our members tools and resources to achieve their fitness goals. We’re looking for a Senior Analyst to join our Strategy & Business Performance Analytics team. This team is responsible for developing MyFitnessPal’s business strategy and long range plan, tracking performance against the strategy, and partnering cross-functionally to deliver desired business results.
As a member of this team, you’ll deepen our understanding of the business by developing and owning automated Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting and improving our performance through data insights. You’ll work closely with product analytics, data science, user research, product management, marketing, and corporate development to grow MyFitnessPal and help more users achieve their goals.
We’re looking for someone who loves using data to solve problems and answer questions. To be successful, you’ll need strong analytical skills, high curiosity, and a collaborative mindset.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build and manage dashboards and reporting for primary business KPIs to monitor overall health of MyFitnessPal; automate the dashboard reporting process
- Own the forecast model for our subscription business, including all key drivers (acquisition, conversion, churn); collaborate with Finance on annual operating plan and long range plan
- Track and understand business KPI trends; quickly respond to unexpected movements by partnering cross-functionally to understand the cause and identify a plan of action
- Use internal and external market data to identify, evaluate, and prioritize strategic business opportunities
- Tie results of product, marketing, and corporate development initiatives back to overall business performance
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis & make recommendations on projects and strategic initiatives (ex: international strategy, pricing strategy, competitor & market insights)
- Assist with developing executive level materials for business reviews and board meetings
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience (ex: analytics, statistics, FP&A, investment banking, management consulting, strategic planning)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail curiosity and the desire to constantly learn and improve
- High agency over your work; committed to driving outcomes and comfortable working both on your own and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Expert knowledge of Excel and experience with Tableau; SQL skills preferred
- B2C subscription business model experience is a plus
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.