At MyFitnessPal, we believe fitness starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your fitness goals. The Accounts Payable Specialist will work in a progressive team-oriented environment to perform full-cycle AP duties. You’ll work closely with and report directly to MyFitnessPal’s Controller.
This is a non-exempt position based in Austin, TX.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage Accounts Payable email inbox, communicate professionally with vendors to ensure issues get resolved quickly
- Code invoices and purchase orders to the proper GL account and department
- Communicate regularly with department heads to obtain approval for invoice payments
- Ensure timely vendor payments are executed during weekly ACH run in compliance with the Cash Disbursements policy
- Manage Accounts Payable document folder to ensure retention of all invoices, vendor setup forms, and related tax documents
- Review and pay monthly Corporate Card statement and reconcile to expense reporting system
- Perform monthly Sales and Use tax filings under the guidance of the Controller
- Coordinate with our tax experts to provide guidelines on appropriate tax to charge on invoices
- Review and reconcile AP Disbursements cash account each month
- Assist as needed with various other month-end accounting duties under the supervision and tutelage of the Controller
- Work toward self-improvement via online training resources for Microsoft Business Dynamics
- Be proactive in requesting missing invoices from vendors.
- Review prices, terms of payment and other details from vendor invoices
- Create purchase orders and work with department heads to obtain appropriate approvals
- Assist with issuance of 1099’s at year-end and audit requests related to the accounts payable function
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Associates Degree
- Experience in Microsoft Business Dynamics a plus
- Experience with SAP Concur a plus
- 3+ years experience in Accounts Payable
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Extremely organized
- Track record of strategic thinking and problem solving
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.