At MyFitnesspal, we believe fitness starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your health goals. The UX/Design team at MyFitnessPal partners with product, engineering, customer happiness, and marketing teams to help drive our business forward.
The MyFitnessPal team needs a Lead UX Researcher who cares deeply about creating an experience-first culture. We're looking for a Senior Researcher to help provide actionable and meaningful data-driven insights that represent the voice of multiple users. You will collaborate across development, UX design, and marketing teams to provide user feedback on all stages of the user experience. We are looking for a researcher experienced in applying multiple qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, for both generative and evaluative research in order to improve product definition, UX and drive business goals.
- You're passionate about identifying and connecting with our target users, and becoming their advocate to influence our products to meet their needs.
- You can collaborate effectively with product management, engineering, and remote teams.
- You love to collaborate and are excited to share responsibility for ensuring quality research from all the researchers on our team; through setting standards, leading by example, reviewing research plans and execution, and educating yourself as well as the team on new or best practices.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build buy-in and gain deep understanding of the customer’s needs across the entire team
- Provide insights to help inform and execute on product strategy and tactics by conducting both formative (e.g., ethnographic research, contextual interviews) and evaluative (e.g., lab/remote sessions, surveys) research
- Work cross functionally with teams to shape and execute research plans based on business needs and growth initiatives for both existing and new offerings
- Uncover actionable insights and evangelize findings at various levels of the organization to help the MyFitnessPal team grow their active user base
- Be a thought leader that mentors fellow research team members and platform development team members in research methodologies and pro-actively provides consumer centric trends and information regarding consumer behavior, needs, and innovative experiences
- Help to develop tools, documents, and systems that enables the entire research team to be more effective
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Master’s Degree in UX Research, Information Architecture, Anthropology, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Design, Computer-Human Interactions, or related field
- 8+ years related work experience. UX research experience must include an established, heavily trafficked, consumer facing application, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Past work examples of leading strategic research with significant business outcomes as well as putting together long term research plans (does not need to be a portfolio, just the ability to share past work through discussions and with shareable examples)
- Experience in Team based Persona/Archetype development
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to visualize data in unique ways, present evidence and make recommendations to development teams (i.e. PowerPoint, Keynote or other infographic tool)
- Demonstrable understanding of UX principles, both design and research with flexibility
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and manage complicated, simultaneous jobs through excellent organization, time management, and project management skills
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude that helps others; strong sense of humor
- A passion for how health and fitness can transform people’s lives
What can really set you apart:
- Market Research, and the difference between user research and market research methodologies and techniques
- Statistics, analytics, SQL data mining, and other programs for data visualization and analysis
- Design strategy, prototype development and testing, product validation
- Have helped build/establish a research program in the past, ability to justify research ROI to business partners
Please note that relocation assistance is not available. Though we are currently remote, this role is placed for Austin, TX.
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.