The MyFitnessPal engineering team is looking for an experienced manager to help build our Android application for our next development phase. Our client applications (web, iOS, Android) service millions of users multiple times a day as they follow plans, log food and water, and track activity. The Android team is responsible for the Android application’s success and the various codebases that support it.
What you'll be doing:
- You will be growing and managing a team of software engineers, including performance reviews, regular touch bases, providing mentorship, and building a culture of learning and inclusivity
- You will need to guide the team to assess and work towards a deliberate and sustainable technology and architecture solution
- You will be well-versed in native Android applications and technologies within that ecosystem
- MyFitnessPal never stops evolving, and your role in our ability to safely and quickly service the business is critical
Qualifications that will make you successful this role:
- Management roles including partnership within and outside of Engineering
- Hands-on engineering of highly-resilient Android applications at the scale of millions of daily users
- Workflow and process management
- Estimation of and operation within a team budget
- Mentoring and growing engineers in various stages of their career
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.