We are looking for a Visual Designer to join the MyFitnessPal Design team. The Visual Designer is instrumental in making beautifully crafted digital experiences for mobile and web products. This role is expected to deliver on visual interface design, and must have strong verbal and written communication skills. You will work collaboratively with other product designers, copywriters, product managers, developers, marketers and project managers on a variety of projects in a fast-paced and positive environment. We need someone who is detail-oriented with a high-quality bar.
The preferred candidate has experience in both mobile and web-based products. Ideally, you will be responsible for crafting innovative and compelling design solutions that help people accomplish their goals while achieving memorable and beautiful experiences. It doesn’t hurt if you are passionate about health and fitness. This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of the MyFitnessPal team, helping all of our members to live their healthiest lives.
Note: To be considered, you must provide a link to an online portfolio.
What you'll be doing:
- Generate and translate concepts into simple and elegant user experiences and interfaces that satisfy both business and user needs.
- Collaborate closely with Design, Product and Engineering to craft a visual language for our user experience.
- Extend our design system across our mobile and web experience.
- Consistently elevate the quality of the designs through the review cycle.
- Be an advocate for visual design elegance in the app.
- Socialize and present design solutions and rationale to the team and key stakeholders.
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 2+ years of experience in digital product design.
- Designed for both app-based mobile (iOS and Android) and web.
- Experience adhering to and developing style and identity guidelines.
- Excellence in typography, color and composition.
- Expert adapting to a variety of software tools and environments.
- Understanding and awareness of design trends.
- Experience working within diverse, dynamic, cross-functional teams.
- Eager to solicit feedback from real users and teammates.
What can really set you apart:
- An eye for detail and a passion for visual design.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to understand the conceptual basis of a brand and how it should inform the design.
- Illustration ability is a plus.
- Familiarity with design to developer handoff.
- Considerate of file etiquette in a shared environment.
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.