We’re on a journey to Grow the Future of Materials. How? By unlocking the unique properties of mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms. Our patented technology, Fine Mycelium™, unleashes a new class of materials crafted from nature, engineered for performance, and built for a resilient future.We’re seeking passionate learners to join us in pioneering a materials revolution and creating an epic place to work. MycoWorks offers competitive equity and benefits programs to support the health, well-being, and financial empowerment of all our employees.We root our relationships with our partners and one another in our core values: Be Mycelial, Cultivate Quality, and Grow the Future, and we're committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Senior Product Manager in Union, South Carolina. This person will own and oversee the product management efforts of Fine Mycelium™ for applications in the Luxury Performance Materials markets as a leather alternative. This role will manage the technical information flow from MycoWorks to its clients and act as the technical point of contact. Critical focus areas will be Product Management and Product Technical support of fabricated goods made with Fine Mycelium™. This will be accomplished by creating and maintaining product roadmaps and targets of manufactured material from MycoWorks, in Union, SC as well as the finished product that is manufactured at Mycoworks’ partner tanneries.
This role will oversee product management for all products made with Fine Mycelium™ produced in Union South Carolina and will require excellent technical communication and project management skills.
This role will also work cross-functionally with multiple organizations throughout MycoWorks, including Supply Chain, Global Product, Engineering, Quality, Technology Development, as well as other external partners and customers. The role reports to the Sr Director of Product Management
- Own and communicate Performance Product Roadmaps
- Develop and execute comprehensive product strategies, including market positioning, pricing, and go-to-market plans.
- Lead cross-functional teams in the development of cutting-edge performance materials, from ideation to commercialization.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key customers, understanding their unique requirements and ensuring products meet or exceed expectations.
- Analyze customer feedback to identify potential opportunities for product improvement
- Determine and communicate product specifications and features to marketing, sales and development teams
- Provide leadership, mentoring and ensure team members are working together effectively
- Collaborate with other departments such as technology development, quality, engineering, marketing and sales to ensure product success
- Monitor and evaluate product quality and performance, customer feedback and competitive trends.
- Identify and assess potential risks and develop mitigation plans
- Stay current with the latest industry trends and technologies
- Understanding and immersion into production processes, support cross functional projects with Technical Development, Product, and Quality
- Create and execute against an annual Master Plan as well as the corresponding 30-60-90 Day Plans
- Technical Fabrication Support to Customers’ fabrication needs
- Drive product development and validation of process changes
- Assist the Quality department with the improvement of test methods related to performance related industries
- Drive product quality
- Bachelor’s degree in material science and engineering or related field
- 5-10 years of professional experience in soft-goods manufacturing for footwear or automotive applications.
- Experience working in cross functional teams
- Ability to communicate in technical and non-technical language
- Proven track record of successful product launches
- Experience with product road-mapping
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with new product innovation and go to market strategies
- Able to effectively give and receive feedback to individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to make business decisions quickly while under pressure
- Ability to operate with incomplete information and implicit instruction
- Demonstrated ability to manage a budget while hitting all other production goals
- Ability to travel internationally 3-4 times per year
MycoWorks offers world class benefits and compensation programs to support the health, well-being and financial empowerment of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Vision and Dental plans at no cost to employees
- Optional insurance coverage for partners and dependents
- FSA Accounts
- Free Personal Health Advocate
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid parental leave
- Paid holidays beyond the traditional
- 401(k) program
MycoWorks may contact you via text message regarding your application for this or similar opportunities. You can always text STOP to opt out.
This employment is contingent upon receiving applicable background check results, including drug screening, that meet standards based upon the job duties and business necessity, as well as passing a degree or license verification required for the position.
In our commitment to fostering an inclusive and supportive work environment, we recognize the importance of accommodating individual needs. If you require any specific accommodations during the application or interview process, please feel free to let us know. We are dedicated to facilitating a comfortable and accessible experience for all candidates, and will work with you to ensure your needs are met.