We’re on a journey to Grow the Future of Materials. How? By unlocking the unique properties of mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms. Our patented technology, Fine Mycelium™, unleashes a new class of materials crafted from nature, engineered for performance, and built for a resilient future.We’re seeking passionate learners to join us in pioneering a materials revolution and creating an epic place to work. MycoWorks offers competitive equity and benefits programs to support the health, well-being, and financial empowerment of all our employees.We root our relationships with our partners and one another in our core values: Be Mycelial, Cultivate Quality, and Grow the Future, and we're committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Plant Finance Manager. This role will represent the Finance function in the world’s very first commercial manufacturing plant for Reishi - MycoWorks’ proprietary alternative material which lends itself to many applications which currently use animal leather.
The Plant Finance Manager will collaborate with the plant operations teams (Supply Chain, Procurement, Manufacturing, Maintenance, Quality, Engineering and People) and act as a liaison between the operations teams and Finance/Accounting team on all issues related to COGS, product costing, inventory valuation, adherence to internal controls and financial budgets. The Plant Finance Manager is also expected to analyze and identify COGS trends, conduct financial evaluation of operational proposals and help the strategic finance team to model financial and operational data and perform scenario analysis.
The position will report to the VP of Finance with a strong partnership with the VP of Manufacturing.
The successful candidate will have strong people skills, an entrepreneurial outlook and the ability to improvise and be flexible in a dynamic, start-up environment. The ideal candidate will also have quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, attention to detail, superlative project management skills, and be a proactive problem solver. This is as much, if not more, a people facing assignment as it is a back office position.
This position is located in our office in Union, SC. A hybrid work model can be considered.
- Collaborate with and participate in all key operations team meetings related to the plant - specially Supply Chain, Procurement, Manufacturing, Maintenance and Engineering with a focus on understanding the impact of operational changes on financial forecasts and budgets.
- Generate weekly reports on work order variances; material and labor variances and estimate the financial impact.
- Calculate and report the COGS on a weekly and monthly basis
- Liaison between operations and accounting on all issues which have a financial impact e.g. COGS
- Be responsible for inventory adjustments and write offs within the ERP system pertaining to the plant.
- Review and verify capital equipment, spares, raw material, WIP and Finished Goods inventories for month/quarter/year end reporting.
- Develop and manage cost and financial controls in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Oversees the accurate input of purchase orders, invoices, costing data into the ERP system (MS Dynamics F&O) and flag corrective action(s) on a timely basis.
- Assist the Corporate Finance Team in month/quarter/year-end financial reporting and audits pertaining to plant operations.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams to manage the continuous improvement of manufacturing processes and for material and labor assignments within the BOM’s.
- Collaborate with production employees to fully understand the current challenges with regard to work orders and the ERP, and work to create solutions in collaboration with Supply Chain and Procurement.
- Maintain, report and analyze budgeted vs. actual cost per standard labor hours, to make strategic decisions.
- Review and approve plant payroll and reconcile plant payroll accounts in collaboration with HR team.
- Assist external auditors with audit queries and documentation.
- 5+ years of plant accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- A solid understanding of production processes and procedures and their financial implications.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures in a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Dynamics F&O
- Ability to work independently as well as cohesively with multiple stakeholders including senior management.
- Excellent problem solving abilities in a collaborative and diverse team setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain an excellent rapport with a diverse group of people and teams.
- Ability to prioritize and organize.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and working towards a CPA designation - it is anticipated that the role will grow with Mycoworks and eventually need a CPA.
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The targeted base pay for this role is $120,000 - $140,000 . The actual pay is dependent on other factors such as training, skills, work experience and business needs. The target pay range is subject to change and may be modified. This role is also eligible for benefits and equity.
MycoWorks offers world class benefits and compensation programs to support the health, well-being and financial empowerment of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Vision and Dental plans at no cost to employees
- Optional insurance coverage for partners and dependents
- FSA Accounts
- Free Personal Health Advocate
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid parental leave
- Paid holidays beyond the traditional
- 401(k) program
MycoWorks may contact you via text message regarding your application for this or similar opportunities. You can always text STOP to opt out.