We’re on a journey to Grow the Future of Materials. How? By unlocking the unique properties of mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms. Our patented technology, Fine Mycelium™, unleashes a new class of materials crafted from nature, engineered for performance, and built for a resilient future.We’re seeking passionate learners to join us in pioneering a materials revolution and creating an epic place to work. MycoWorks offers competitive equity and benefits programs to support the health, well-being, and financial empowerment of all our employees.We root our relationships with our partners and one another in our core values: Be Mycelial, Cultivate Quality, and Grow the Future, and we're committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Strategic Finance Analyst will be supporting both near-term execution and long-term planning and is expected to analyze and model financial and operational data, perform scenario analysis and maintain the corporate business model. The position will report into the C-suite and directly support the CFO, COO, and VP of Finance with operational planning and strategic initiatives.
The successful candidate will have strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, a strong attention to detail, strong project management skills, and be a proactive problem solver. The successful candidate will work with the cross functional teams and managers at different levels and direct the development, analysis, and interpretation of ﬁnancial information in terms of proﬁtability metrics, performance against budget, and consolidate cross functional data into the ongoing maintenance of the corporate financial model.
This position can be located in New York City.
- Maintain the Company’s corporate model
- Build additional functionality and what-if scenario tools for Cash Forecasting, Working Capital projections and ROI evaluations
- Support the CFO in corporate budgeting process, as well as monthly Budget to Actual Analysis
- Analyze key performance indicators, cost of sales, operating expenses, and capital expenditures (includes developing ﬁnancial models and decision-making tools). Providing strategic insights and conclusions based on this analysis
- Identify and research variances to forecast, budget, and prior-year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement
- Partner directly with the finance team to collaborate on metrics, goals, and business reviews - specifically financial ratios, profit margin analysis, and make or buy decisions
- Support business stakeholders in planning and resource management (e.g. headcount, investment approvals, etc.)
- Support the CEO, COO, and CFO with financial analysis to support key strategic initiatives and opportunities including, M&A opportunities, JV, licensing opportunities, and pricing
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, CFA, and or CPA is strongly preferred
- Minimum of four years of direct FP&A experience or three years of quantitative sell-side experience at a leading investment bank, specifically focused on M&A or project finance
- Advanced MS Excel, Google Sheets and PowerPoint expertise required
- Expertise with QUICKBOOKS ONLINE, Microsoft Dynamics, and other or similar ERP Systems
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The targeted base pay for this role is $130,000 - $145,000 . The actual pay is dependent on other factors such as training, skills, work experience and business needs. The target pay range is subject to change and may be modified. This role is also eligible for benefits and equity.