We’re on a journey to Grow the Future of Materials. How? By unlocking the unique properties of mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms. Our patented technology, Fine Mycelium™, unleashes a new class of materials crafted from nature, engineered for performance, and built for a resilient future.We’re seeking passionate learners to join us in pioneering a materials revolution and creating an epic place to work. MycoWorks offers competitive equity and benefits programs to support the health, well-being, and financial empowerment of all our employees.We root our relationships with our partners and one another in our core values: Be Mycelial, Cultivate Quality, and Grow the Future, and we're committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Maintenance Technician. This person will be a member of the Operations team and have responsibility for the equipment health of a new Reishi™ production facility. They will play a critical role in assisting the engineering and operations team with the new plant startup as well as the development of critical maintenance systems, including the rollout of the plant’s CMMS program. They will also take part in executing continuous improvement and loss elimination projects targeted to eliminate the plant’s priority losses.
The Maintenance Lead will perform preventive and emergency mechanical and electrical maintenance, troubleshoot sporadic and chronic losses, and install machinery related to the manufacturing process and the plant’s physical structure.
This role interacts heavily with multiple organizations, including Engineering, Operations, Quality, Safety, and Process Development. The role reports to the Senior Maintenance Manager.
- Perform a wide variety of diagnostic activities, procedures and techniques to lay out, install, align, repair, overhaul and maintain various types of machines (mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical)
- Respond to all urgent machine failures, coordinating the parts procurement and proper personnel required to safely execute all necessary repairs
- Troubleshoot electrical issues with use of schematics and PLCs
- Leverage strong electrical skills to engineer and design solutions for process changes
- Monitor running conditions of all major systems and critical units
- Collaborate with technicians, vendors, contractors, department managers and engineers on maintenance and other relevant matters
- Review, analyze and enter all work order requests and engage appropriate personnel.
- Review and ensure all work orders are entered into the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Keep preventative maintenance assignments current
- Ensuring all necessary maintenance work is executed within allocated budget
- Ensure all necessary tools and materials are available for all maintenance and engineering projects
- Assist with the development of Clean, Inspect, & Lubricate (CIL) standards as well as time-based and emergency maintenance systems and standards
- Assist the Engineering department in the validation of all new equipment for this facility’s startup as well as other items that will support the development of the 10X facility
- AA/AS in Engineering or Technical field preferred - Technical school certificate with 5+ years of experience of electrical and mechanical systems maintenance in a manufacturing setting
- Strong working knowledge of PLC programming (preferably RSLogix 5000 FactoryTalk View SE )
- Troubleshooting capability including: reading blueprints, schematics, and diagrams to determine the method and sequence of the assembly of a part, machine, or piece of equipment
- Understanding of TPM methodologies and implementation
- Experience with starting up new equipment and/or production lines
- Experience working in cross functional teams
- Experience working in a 24/7 manufacturing environment
- Thorough understanding of OSHA standards
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The targeted base pay for this role is $87,500 - $92,980. The actual pay is dependent on other factors such as training, skills, work experience and business needs. The target pay range is subject to change and may be modified. This role is also eligible for benefits and equity.