We’re on a journey to Grow the Future of Materials. How? By unlocking the unique properties of mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms. Our patented technology, Fine Mycelium™, unleashes a new class of materials crafted from nature, engineered for performance, and built for a resilient future.We’re seeking passionate learners to join us in pioneering a materials revolution and creating an epic place to work. MycoWorks offers competitive equity and benefits programs to support the health, well-being, and financial empowerment of all our employees.We root our relationships with our partners and one another in our core values: Be Mycelial, Cultivate Quality, and Grow the Future, and we're committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Production Process Engineer. This person will be responsible for improving all machinery, processes, and operator capability in MycoWorks’ new Reishi™ production facility.
Critical focus areas for the Production Process Engineer will be: eliminating the facility’s top losses to root cause; development and maintenance of critical Daily Management Systems; assisting with the implementation of the MycoWay (MycoWorks’ novel manufacturing work system); coaching and development of all plant operators via the rollout of standards; improving the quality systems throughout the facility. The Production Process Engineer will be expected to accomplish their work via daily on-the-floor coaching (50-80%).
This role interacts heavily with multiple organizations, including Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain, EHS, and Process Development. The role reports to the Production Line Leader.
- Identify, prioritize, analyze, and eliminate manufacturing process losses and inefficiencies
- Collaborate with experts across multiple functions and disciplines in order to arrive at the best possible solution to any given problem
- Become the “process expert” for the assigned area of ownership and be able to give technical and process input for future improvement projects
- Create daily action plans to support the Line’s Daily Direction Setting (DDS) cycle
- Assist the Production Line Leader with the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) process
- Build Operator capability through the development and training of Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and One-Point Lessons via the Leadership Coaching on the Floor (LCOF) system
- Become an Autonomous Maintenance expert and utilize related Daily Management Systems to implement and maintain systematic fixes
- Own the delivery and start-up of new machinery and projects within the assigned area of ownership
- Assist in the development and rollout of quality-related standards
- Support the implementation of the MycoWay by leveraging servant leadership principles
- Promote a “Zero Defect” culture within the facility
- Helps to drive the company vision in production facility
- Serve as the back-up to the Production Line Leader
- BS in Engineering or Business is preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in Manufacturing working on the production floor and coaching operators
- Knowledge of root cause analysis tools and ability to coach others in the organization on their proper execution
- Experience working in cross functional teams
- Understanding of TPM / Lean methodologies
- Ability to execute gap analyses and create focused action plans
- Understanding of Autonomous Maintenance (AM) systems, specifically: Defect Handling; Centerline; Clean, Inspect, and Lubrication
- Knowledge of statistical process control
- Ability to make business decisions quickly while under pressure
- Able to effectively give and receive feedback to individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to operate with incomplete information and implicit instruction
- Knowledge and experience working in a cleanroom environment a plus
- Experience with starting up new equipment and/or production lines a plus