MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to create a platform for the highest quality materials using Fine Mycelium™, and our vision is to grow the future of materials. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and our relationships with our customers and one another are built on our core values of respect, empowerment, innovation, interconnection and accountability.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are looking for a hands-on Accounting Manager, who will report directly to the Senior Controller and manage different aspects of General Accounting. You should have an accounting background and prior experience addressing external audit queries, preparing accounting memos for more complex transactions, financial statement disclosures , account reconciliations and flex analysis. The position can sit in our Emeryville office in the US but may be full-time remote from any US state.
- Lease Accounting, in line with ASC 842
- Equity and Debit Accounting
- Accounting for Foreign Office transactions
- Accounting for Manufacturing, Operations and HR transactions
- Support annual audits and quarterly reviews by external auditors
- Support the timely preparation and review of monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statements
- Draft technical accounting memos and disclosures in the financial statements and footnotes as required, to be reviewed by the Senior Controller
- Assist the Senior Controller with all relevant corporate tax areas and be a liaison with the third-party accounting firm engaged in the corporate tax function
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent required
- Five to ten years of experience
- Professional and personable demeanor
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with Bio-tech and Manufacturing industry a plus, but not essential