MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to create a platform for the highest quality materials using Fine Mycelium™, and our vision is to grow the future of materials. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and our relationships with our customers and one another are built on our core values of respect, empowerment, innovation, interconnection and accountability.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a qualified Production Planner to organize production according to demand and quality standards. The Production Planner is responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the production process. Duties include a specific focus on providing and maintaining quality products to customers on time. The Planner will review materials and goods required in the production phase, ensuring the scheduling of preventative maintenance in order to have optimal performance and production to perform efficiently.
The goal is to ensure the smooth and cost-efficient flow of our production operations.
- Design and maintain production schedules driven by internal and external customer demand at all global locations. Determine equipment, materials and manpower required to complete production.
- Daily standard work will be designed to minimize risk and optimize organization goals (ie. lead time to market, quality and cost)
- Identify delays and accordingly adjust schedules to meet deadlines.
- Assist in production risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Resolve production issues and escalate unresolved issues to management promptly.
- Additional responsibilities will include yield forecasting, mapping trends by interpreting production statistics and exception reporting to troubleshoot future delays
- Monitor material supply flow and identify any shortages or bottlenecks in usage
- Support implementation of ERP
- Communicate issues on raw material quality in production
- Assist in new product development and enhancements.
- Conduct daily meetings to keep track of production schedules.
- Support production in ensuring that finished products meet quality standards and customer specifications.
- Produce reports based on findings and performance of production
This candidate must be organized, results-driven, analytical and well-versed in production procedures and optimization. Advanced communication and computer skills are very useful for the role.
- BS or Technical certifications such as an APICS certification preferred
- 5+ minimum years prior experience as a Production Planner in a manufacturing industry
- Experience in production planning for low mix high volume products
- Experience interfacing cross functionally to coordinate scheduling
- Good understanding of the industry market trends and conditions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Strong regard for product quality and safety standards
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous and diligent
- Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement Culture