MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to create a platform for the highest quality materials using Fine Mycelium™, and our vision is to grow the future of materials. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and our relationships with our customers and one another are built on our core values of respect, empowerment, innovation, interconnection and accountability.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are looking for an analytical General Counsel to develop, execute and oversee legal matters. The General Counsel will be directly responsible for drafting, negotiating and executing agreements, as well as oversight of specialized counsel for all aspects of MycoWorks legal work. This will include but not be limited to:
- Leading and negotiating a wide variety of customer contracts
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Fundraising and Transaction, including debt and equity, JVs, M&A, and other related manners
- Intellectual property
- General Corporation Law such as employment, corporate secretary, regulatory, lawsuits, and any other relevant matters that arise
This position can be located in the San Francisco Bay Area, New York City, or in Union, South Carolina.
To ensure success you need to have sound knowledge and understanding of applicable laws and regulations, and the ability to make prudent legal decisions. Top candidates will be team players with outstanding advocacy and people skills.
- Advising executive, senior management and the Board of Directors on various matters such as legal rights, and new and existing laws
- Managing organization's legal matters
- Examining and creating draft agreements, such as customer and vendor agreements
- Maintaining knowledge of organization’s operations and legal documents
- Conducting legal research and reviewing company's litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions
- Promoting and creating directives of corporate acts and decisions
- Preserving all corporate records
- Handling statutory filings, such as licensing forms
- Liaising with outside counsel regarding their assignments
- Creating new entities and managing organization's intellectual property
- Support CEO, CFO, COO and COS in legal aspects of capital raising including equity, credit, JV structures, and other relevant matters
- Juris Doctor degree from accredited law school
- 4+ years of practice with an established law firm
- Proficient legal experience in venture capital financing, M&A,corporate finance, and capital markets
- Experience with corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality
- Cross-border experience preferred