MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to create a platform for the highest quality materials using Fine Mycelium™, and our vision is to grow the future of materials. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and our relationships with our customers and one another are built on our core values of respect, empowerment, innovation, interconnection and accountability.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Strategic Finance Analyst will be supporting both near-term execution and long-term planning and is expected to analyze and model financial and operational data, perform scenario analysis and maintain the corporate business model The position will report into the C-suite and directly support the Chief of Staff, COO, and VP of Finance with operational planning and strategic initiatives.
The successful candidate will have strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, a strong attention to detail, strong project management skills, and be a proactive problem solver. The successful candidate will work with the cross functional teams and managers at different levels and direct the development, analysis, and interpretation of financial information in terms of profitability metrics, performance against budget, and consolidate cross functional data into the ongoing maintenance of the corporate financial model.
This position can be located in the San Francisco Bay Area or in New York City.
- Maintain the Company’s corporate model
- Build additional functionality and what-if scenario tools for Cash Forecasting, Working Capital projections and ROI evaluations
- Support the CoS and CFO in corporate budgeting process, as well as monthly Budget to Actual Analysis
- Analyze key performance indicators, cost of sales, operating expenses, and capital expenditures (includes developing financial models and decision-making tools). Providing strategic insights and conclusions based on this analysis
- Identify and research variances to forecast, budget, and prior-year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement
- Partner directly with the finance team to collaborate on metrics, goals, and business reviews - specifically financial ratios, profit margin analysis, and make or buy decisions
- Support business stakeholders in planning and resource management (e.g. headcount, investment approvals, etc.)
- Support the CEO, COO, CoS and CFO with financial analysis to support key strategic initiatives and opportunities including, M&A opportunities, JV, licensing opportunities, and pricing
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, CFA, and or CPA is strongly preferred
- Minimum of four years of direct FP&A experience or three years of quantitative sell-side experience at a leading investment bank, specifically focused on M&A or project finance
- Advanced MS Excel, Google Sheets and PowerPoint expertise required
- Expertise with QUICKBOOKS ONLINE, Microsoft Dynamics, and other or similar ERP Systems